GALLERY: Thousands enjoy Ashwell Country Show
THE Ashwell Country Show was a huge success despite a light flurry of rain.
Now in its 90th year, the event took place on bank holiday Monday with organisers estimating the event attracting about 6,000 people.
This year children under 16 had free entry making it a value for money family event. The main attractions were Dingle Fingle the stunt clown, The Guinness World Record holder’s 3sixty bike display team, Freddie’s farm sheepdog trials and Royston’s Electralite Majorettes, while Ashwell tree surgeon Matty Fathers was showcasing his chainsaw carving skills.
Organiser, Fiona Richards, said: “It was a glorious morning and we had about the same amount of people we had as last year. Dingle Fingle was a huge hit with the children as were the 3sixty bike display team. They really drew in the crowds. The food court was packed with people and the beer tent was very popular.
“The free messy play tent was expanded this year to include a tractor ride on, with real grain for digging and sowing, plus a visit from Dinky Dancers as well as our resident kids’ entertainer.
You may also want to watch:
“The free craft tent also had a new element with our skilled artists offering people a go at glass blowing, throwing a pot and spinning.”
Fiona said: “We are constantly striving to give more value for money and offer free attractions to justify the entrance price.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 9 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
Show organisers are running a photo competition where visitors can send in their shots to email@example.com and be in with a chance to win four free tickets to next years show to be held on August 26.
Details can be found at ashwellshow.co.uk – closing date July 2013.