GALLERY: Shepreth Wildlife Park’s Tiger Day is a roaring success
- Credit: Archant
A wildlife park’s Tiger Day proved a roaring success on Monday.
Visitors flocked to Shepreth Wildlife Park for the annual event, which aims to raise awareness and funding to help save tigers in the wild.
The park’s resident tiger Amba celebreated her 16th birthday on the day and was fed by Cambridge United’s Josh Coulson and Ian Miller as a treat.
There was also a Tigers in the Wild performance from the Young Actors Company, as well as entertainment from Cambridge Corncrakes and Mr Bean’s Magic Show.
Tiger Day is organised by the Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charity and has raised more than £40,000 for tiger conservation charities 21st Century Tiger and Wildlife Vets international since first taking place a decade ago.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the park visit www.sheprethwildlifepark.co.uk.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton