GALLERY: Royston Rugby club strip off in saucy calendar shoot to tackle cancer
- Credit: Archant
It may be getting chilly outside but members of a local rugby club been posing in the buff to raise money for a cancer charity.
Famed for their tackle on the pitch, Royston Rugby Club have stripped off for a naked calendar.
The money raised will be split between Balls to Cancer - a male cancer awareness charity - and the rugby club to improve facilities for the 280 children that practice there.
Robert Turner, first team coach and social secretary said: “We did a calendar last year that was really successful within the club.
“This year we have gone bigger and are selling the calendars to members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a cause that means a lot to me as I had testicular cancer three years ago.”
The calendar features Royston senior players posing in the nude with strategically placed items covering their more intimate body parts.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
The Halloween themed October pic features the men lounging on hay bales with cleverly placed pumpkins and broomsticks guarding their privates.
The April Easter edition shows two members of the club faced away from the camera, one wearing nothing but bunny ears and a tail and the other sporting just a Guinness hat.
Calendars are £10. To buy yours email email@example.com.
Robert added: “I would like to thank Nightingale Press and Ellen Elizabeth Photography for doing a great job.”