GALLERY: Royston May Fayre back after year’s absence
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of people enjoyed the Bank Holiday sunshine at Royston’s annual May Fayre.
The event had to be cancelled last year because of wet weather, but there were no such problems this time around, and crowds flocked to sample the stalls and attractions in Priory Memorial Gardens on Monday.
Royston’s Mayor, Cllr Lindsay Davidson, said: “The place was absolutely packed.
“After our sad cancellation last year it was wonderful to have such fantastic weather, and I don’t think we’ve ever had such large crowds.”
Attractions included fairground rides and a bungee swing, and there was also live music, dancing, and a dog show.
You may also want to watch:
One canine who didn’t enter the contest was a robotic dog who roamed the gardens, greeting visitors.
The Rotary Club of Royston held its annual classic car and motorbike show, with Peter Nightingale, of Priory Close, Royston, winning the best car prize for his Rolls Royce Phantom V, and Buntingford resident Alan Smith taking the motorbike award for his BSA 1959 Gold Star.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
Cllr Davidson paid tribute to all the volunteers who made the day a success.
“A big thank you goes to everyone who helped behind the scenes, from the May Fayre committee to the town hall staff and volunteers,” she said.
“It was a fantastic day all round.”
* For a gallery of pictures, click on the link in the top right-hand corner.