Gallery: Restaurant team batters opposition in pancake race
- Credit: Archant
A RESTAURANT team battered the opposition in this year’s Royston pancake race.
The race took place on Saturday at Priory Memorial Gardens, and was held in aid of the cHALLenge appeal, which is aiming to raise funds to build a new hall at Royston parish church.
The race was closely contested, but the team from AD HOC bar and restaurant came out on top, beating Ups a Daisy into second place.
Among the participants was Rev Heidi Huntley, from the parish church. Her team, Heidi’s Harriers, got through to the final but finished fourth.
She said: “I’ve never taken part in a pancake race before and it was an unforgettable experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I was so delighted we were able to host this community event and to be able to participate in it too.
“I was great to see so many people meeting inside and outside the church.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
The race raised more than £400 for the cHALLenge appeal.