Gallery: Restaurant team batters opposition in pancake race
- Credit: Archant
A RESTAURANT team battered the opposition in this year’s Royston pancake race.
The race took place on Saturday at Priory Memorial Gardens, and was held in aid of the cHALLenge appeal, which is aiming to raise funds to build a new hall at Royston parish church.
The race was closely contested, but the team from AD HOC bar and restaurant came out on top, beating Ups a Daisy into second place.
Among the participants was Rev Heidi Huntley, from the parish church. Her team, Heidi’s Harriers, got through to the final but finished fourth.
She said: “I’ve never taken part in a pancake race before and it was an unforgettable experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I was so delighted we were able to host this community event and to be able to participate in it too.
“I was great to see so many people meeting inside and outside the church.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
The race raised more than £400 for the cHALLenge appeal.