Gallery: Restaurant team batters opposition in pancake race
- Credit: Archant
A RESTAURANT team battered the opposition in this year’s Royston pancake race.
The race took place on Saturday at Priory Memorial Gardens, and was held in aid of the cHALLenge appeal, which is aiming to raise funds to build a new hall at Royston parish church.
The race was closely contested, but the team from AD HOC bar and restaurant came out on top, beating Ups a Daisy into second place.
Among the participants was Rev Heidi Huntley, from the parish church. Her team, Heidi’s Harriers, got through to the final but finished fourth.
She said: “I’ve never taken part in a pancake race before and it was an unforgettable experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I was so delighted we were able to host this community event and to be able to participate in it too.
“I was great to see so many people meeting inside and outside the church.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
The race raised more than £400 for the cHALLenge appeal.