Gallery: Restaurant team batters opposition in pancake race
- Credit: Archant
A RESTAURANT team battered the opposition in this year’s Royston pancake race.
The race took place on Saturday at Priory Memorial Gardens, and was held in aid of the cHALLenge appeal, which is aiming to raise funds to build a new hall at Royston parish church.
The race was closely contested, but the team from AD HOC bar and restaurant came out on top, beating Ups a Daisy into second place.
Among the participants was Rev Heidi Huntley, from the parish church. Her team, Heidi’s Harriers, got through to the final but finished fourth.
She said: “I’ve never taken part in a pancake race before and it was an unforgettable experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I was so delighted we were able to host this community event and to be able to participate in it too.
“I was great to see so many people meeting inside and outside the church.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
The race raised more than £400 for the cHALLenge appeal.