Gallery: Father’s day fun at Imperial War Museum Duxford’s Military Vehicle Show
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of visitors converged on IWM Duxford for the Military Vehicle Show, on Sunday.
Dads of all ages had a fun time out with their children at the fascinating family-friendly event.
Visitors explored over 200 military vehicles, including motorcycles, staff cars, jeeps and large trucks. Stars of the show were three First World War trucks – a 1917 Hallford E1 D1-80 four ton truck, a 1918 AEC YC four-ton truck and a 1918 Dennis Subsidy A Class lorry – which were on display throughout the morning and also started, in grand style, the cavalcade of vehicles around the airfield in the afternoon.
In the 70th anniversary year of the D-Day Landings, there were also a number of D-Day related vehicles on display.
During the morning, visitors explored the military vehicle workshop, where vehicles are in the process of being restored. Some also queued up to experience a thrilling ride in our FV 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier.
You may also want to watch:
The Military Armoured Fighting Vehicles Association held its 2014 championship at the show, and there were displays by the UK Tank Club and Duxford Radio Society.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 3 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 8 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 9 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals