Gallery: Father’s day fun at Imperial War Museum Duxford’s Military Vehicle Show
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of visitors converged on IWM Duxford for the Military Vehicle Show, on Sunday.
Dads of all ages had a fun time out with their children at the fascinating family-friendly event.
Visitors explored over 200 military vehicles, including motorcycles, staff cars, jeeps and large trucks. Stars of the show were three First World War trucks – a 1917 Hallford E1 D1-80 four ton truck, a 1918 AEC YC four-ton truck and a 1918 Dennis Subsidy A Class lorry – which were on display throughout the morning and also started, in grand style, the cavalcade of vehicles around the airfield in the afternoon.
In the 70th anniversary year of the D-Day Landings, there were also a number of D-Day related vehicles on display.
During the morning, visitors explored the military vehicle workshop, where vehicles are in the process of being restored. Some also queued up to experience a thrilling ride in our FV 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier.
You may also want to watch:
The Military Armoured Fighting Vehicles Association held its 2014 championship at the show, and there were displays by the UK Tank Club and Duxford Radio Society.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs