GALLERY: Families enjoy Royston’s Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came to Royston with a bang on Saturday when the town’s Christmas fayre saw hundreds of people enjoy a day out to remember.
The fayre, organised by retailers’ group Royston Means Business, saw a Christmas market held in the High Street, while an ice rink was installed in the car park of the Old Bull Inn, and proved popular with skaters young and old.
Saturday also saw Royston’s mayor, Cllr Bob Smith, carry out the official switching on of the town’s Christmas lights.
Alice Barnes, of Great Fit Kit in Angel Pavement, is part of Royston Means Business and helped organise the event.
She said: “It was a brilliant day. Tickets for the ice rink completely sold out – we expected it to be popular but you’re never sure until the event actually happens how many people will turn up.
You may also want to watch:
“And we had plenty of stalls selling a wide variety of gifts, food and drink. Santa was also very busy in his grotto.
“All in all it was very successful and we have had some great feedback from people who attended.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
Among the stall-holders were two young entrepreneurs from Royston. Sisters Hannah and Emma Bratton, who were selling jewellery and energy crystals.
Click on the link in the top right-hand corner to see more photos from the fayre.