GALLERY: Families enjoy Royston’s Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came to Royston with a bang on Saturday when the town’s Christmas fayre saw hundreds of people enjoy a day out to remember.
The fayre, organised by retailers’ group Royston Means Business, saw a Christmas market held in the High Street, while an ice rink was installed in the car park of the Old Bull Inn, and proved popular with skaters young and old.
Saturday also saw Royston’s mayor, Cllr Bob Smith, carry out the official switching on of the town’s Christmas lights.
Alice Barnes, of Great Fit Kit in Angel Pavement, is part of Royston Means Business and helped organise the event.
She said: “It was a brilliant day. Tickets for the ice rink completely sold out – we expected it to be popular but you’re never sure until the event actually happens how many people will turn up.
You may also want to watch:
“And we had plenty of stalls selling a wide variety of gifts, food and drink. Santa was also very busy in his grotto.
“All in all it was very successful and we have had some great feedback from people who attended.”
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
Among the stall-holders were two young entrepreneurs from Royston. Sisters Hannah and Emma Bratton, who were selling jewellery and energy crystals.
Click on the link in the top right-hand corner to see more photos from the fayre.