Gallery: Dr Who’s Daleks invade the Royston Arts Festival
ORGANISERS of this year’s Royston Arts Festival believe the success of the event has set a “benchmark for the future”.
The theme of the 2012 festival was About Time, and saw a host of concerts, shows, and other activities take place in Royston over the weekend, culminating in the traditional Last Night of the Proms-style finale concert on Sunday Evening.
Festival Chairman Graham Palmer said: “We have already had an overwhelmingly positive response to this year’s events and I think it has really set the bench mark for the future.
“Everyone involved embraced the theme of About Time, which helped make all the events and exhibitions such a success.
“It is difficult to say what the highlight was as there were so many things which people thoroughly enjoyed,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Events included piano concert from the internationally-renowned Cann twins, and a visit from iconic Dr Who villains, the Daleks, who put on three shows at Tannery Drift School
*For a full report, see Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks