Gallery: Dr Who’s Daleks invade the Royston Arts Festival
ORGANISERS of this year’s Royston Arts Festival believe the success of the event has set a “benchmark for the future”.
The theme of the 2012 festival was About Time, and saw a host of concerts, shows, and other activities take place in Royston over the weekend, culminating in the traditional Last Night of the Proms-style finale concert on Sunday Evening.
Festival Chairman Graham Palmer said: “We have already had an overwhelmingly positive response to this year’s events and I think it has really set the bench mark for the future.
“Everyone involved embraced the theme of About Time, which helped make all the events and exhibitions such a success.
“It is difficult to say what the highlight was as there were so many things which people thoroughly enjoyed,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Events included piano concert from the internationally-renowned Cann twins, and a visit from iconic Dr Who villains, the Daleks, who put on three shows at Tannery Drift School
*For a full report, see Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'