Gallery: Dr Who’s Daleks invade the Royston Arts Festival
ORGANISERS of this year’s Royston Arts Festival believe the success of the event has set a “benchmark for the future”.
The theme of the 2012 festival was About Time, and saw a host of concerts, shows, and other activities take place in Royston over the weekend, culminating in the traditional Last Night of the Proms-style finale concert on Sunday Evening.
Festival Chairman Graham Palmer said: “We have already had an overwhelmingly positive response to this year’s events and I think it has really set the bench mark for the future.
“Everyone involved embraced the theme of About Time, which helped make all the events and exhibitions such a success.
“It is difficult to say what the highlight was as there were so many things which people thoroughly enjoyed,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Events included piano concert from the internationally-renowned Cann twins, and a visit from iconic Dr Who villains, the Daleks, who put on three shows at Tannery Drift School
*For a full report, see Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021