Gallery: Dr Who’s Daleks invade the Royston Arts Festival
ORGANISERS of this year’s Royston Arts Festival believe the success of the event has set a “benchmark for the future”.
The theme of the 2012 festival was About Time, and saw a host of concerts, shows, and other activities take place in Royston over the weekend, culminating in the traditional Last Night of the Proms-style finale concert on Sunday Evening.
Festival Chairman Graham Palmer said: “We have already had an overwhelmingly positive response to this year’s events and I think it has really set the bench mark for the future.
“Everyone involved embraced the theme of About Time, which helped make all the events and exhibitions such a success.
“It is difficult to say what the highlight was as there were so many things which people thoroughly enjoyed,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Events included piano concert from the internationally-renowned Cann twins, and a visit from iconic Dr Who villains, the Daleks, who put on three shows at Tannery Drift School
*For a full report, see Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving