Gallery: Dr Who’s Daleks invade the Royston Arts Festival
ORGANISERS of this year’s Royston Arts Festival believe the success of the event has set a “benchmark for the future”.
The theme of the 2012 festival was About Time, and saw a host of concerts, shows, and other activities take place in Royston over the weekend, culminating in the traditional Last Night of the Proms-style finale concert on Sunday Evening.
Festival Chairman Graham Palmer said: “We have already had an overwhelmingly positive response to this year’s events and I think it has really set the bench mark for the future.
“Everyone involved embraced the theme of About Time, which helped make all the events and exhibitions such a success.
“It is difficult to say what the highlight was as there were so many things which people thoroughly enjoyed,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Events included piano concert from the internationally-renowned Cann twins, and a visit from iconic Dr Who villains, the Daleks, who put on three shows at Tannery Drift School
*For a full report, see Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services