Gallery: Coming together in the aid of fun
Water Aid fun day on Therfield Heath
YOUNGSTERS from a Royston church organised a day of fun in aid of a water charity.
The Water Aid fun day took place on Therfield Heath last Sunday, and featured a range of attractions, games, and live music.
Revelation church in Royston organised the day in conjunction with Royston Churches Together.
Miriam Skuce, from Revelation, said: “Our members had the idea last year that they wanted to do something for Water Aid, and initially it was going to just involve singing and collecting money.
You may also want to watch:
“But then we got in touch with Toby Snowdon at the Heath Sports Club, and he suggested holding a fun day, so it’s grown from there.
“We had fantastic weather and the event went really well. It was a great credit to all the young people who organised it,” she said.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
Money is still coming in to boost the coffers, with a collection having been taken at an evening church service, and the Heath Club set to make a donation.
All proceeds will go to Water Aid, who work to provide safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygeine in some of the world’s poorest countries.