Gallery: Coming together in the aid of fun
Water Aid fun day on Therfield Heath
YOUNGSTERS from a Royston church organised a day of fun in aid of a water charity.
The Water Aid fun day took place on Therfield Heath last Sunday, and featured a range of attractions, games, and live music.
Revelation church in Royston organised the day in conjunction with Royston Churches Together.
Miriam Skuce, from Revelation, said: “Our members had the idea last year that they wanted to do something for Water Aid, and initially it was going to just involve singing and collecting money.
“But then we got in touch with Toby Snowdon at the Heath Sports Club, and he suggested holding a fun day, so it’s grown from there.
“We had fantastic weather and the event went really well. It was a great credit to all the young people who organised it,” she said.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 6 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
Money is still coming in to boost the coffers, with a collection having been taken at an evening church service, and the Heath Club set to make a donation.
All proceeds will go to Water Aid, who work to provide safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygeine in some of the world’s poorest countries.