Gallery: Coming together in the aid of fun
Water Aid fun day on Therfield Heath
YOUNGSTERS from a Royston church organised a day of fun in aid of a water charity.
The Water Aid fun day took place on Therfield Heath last Sunday, and featured a range of attractions, games, and live music.
Revelation church in Royston organised the day in conjunction with Royston Churches Together.
Miriam Skuce, from Revelation, said: “Our members had the idea last year that they wanted to do something for Water Aid, and initially it was going to just involve singing and collecting money.
You may also want to watch:
“But then we got in touch with Toby Snowdon at the Heath Sports Club, and he suggested holding a fun day, so it’s grown from there.
“We had fantastic weather and the event went really well. It was a great credit to all the young people who organised it,” she said.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
Money is still coming in to boost the coffers, with a collection having been taken at an evening church service, and the Heath Club set to make a donation.
All proceeds will go to Water Aid, who work to provide safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygeine in some of the world’s poorest countries.