Gallery: Coming together in the aid of fun
Water Aid fun day on Therfield Heath
YOUNGSTERS from a Royston church organised a day of fun in aid of a water charity.
The Water Aid fun day took place on Therfield Heath last Sunday, and featured a range of attractions, games, and live music.
Revelation church in Royston organised the day in conjunction with Royston Churches Together.
Miriam Skuce, from Revelation, said: “Our members had the idea last year that they wanted to do something for Water Aid, and initially it was going to just involve singing and collecting money.
You may also want to watch:
“But then we got in touch with Toby Snowdon at the Heath Sports Club, and he suggested holding a fun day, so it’s grown from there.
“We had fantastic weather and the event went really well. It was a great credit to all the young people who organised it,” she said.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 3 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 4 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 5 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Money is still coming in to boost the coffers, with a collection having been taken at an evening church service, and the Heath Club set to make a donation.
All proceeds will go to Water Aid, who work to provide safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygeine in some of the world’s poorest countries.