Gallery: Classic cars descend on village for show
MORE than 20 classic cars descended on a village for a car show last Saturday. Orwell Methodist Church organised the show, the first ever held in the village, and attracted a wide variety of vehicles. Samantha Pascoe, one of the organisers, said: We had
MORE than 20 classic cars descended on a village for a car show last Saturday.
Orwell Methodist Church organised the show, the first ever held in the village, and attracted a wide variety of vehicles.
Samantha Pascoe, one of the organisers, said: "We had lots of different cars, there was a vintage Ford which is the last of its kind in the country, and a 1905 Argyle which is also very rare.
"I think the day went down well and we had plenty of visitors," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The show was organised to raise funds for the upkeep of the Methodist Church, and Samantha said over �300 was collected on the day.
"We need the money to keep the church going and open on a day-to-day basis. We're already planning another car show for next year, and hope to set a date in the near future," she said.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks