Gallery: Classic cars descend on village for show
MORE than 20 classic cars descended on a village for a car show last Saturday. Orwell Methodist Church organised the show, the first ever held in the village, and attracted a wide variety of vehicles. Samantha Pascoe, one of the organisers, said: We had
MORE than 20 classic cars descended on a village for a car show last Saturday.
Orwell Methodist Church organised the show, the first ever held in the village, and attracted a wide variety of vehicles.
Samantha Pascoe, one of the organisers, said: "We had lots of different cars, there was a vintage Ford which is the last of its kind in the country, and a 1905 Argyle which is also very rare.
"I think the day went down well and we had plenty of visitors," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The show was organised to raise funds for the upkeep of the Methodist Church, and Samantha said over �300 was collected on the day.
"We need the money to keep the church going and open on a day-to-day basis. We're already planning another car show for next year, and hope to set a date in the near future," she said.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire