Gallery: Classic cars descend on village for show
MORE than 20 classic cars descended on a village for a car show last Saturday. Orwell Methodist Church organised the show, the first ever held in the village, and attracted a wide variety of vehicles. Samantha Pascoe, one of the organisers, said: We had
MORE than 20 classic cars descended on a village for a car show last Saturday.
Orwell Methodist Church organised the show, the first ever held in the village, and attracted a wide variety of vehicles.
Samantha Pascoe, one of the organisers, said: "We had lots of different cars, there was a vintage Ford which is the last of its kind in the country, and a 1905 Argyle which is also very rare.
"I think the day went down well and we had plenty of visitors," she said.
The show was organised to raise funds for the upkeep of the Methodist Church, and Samantha said over �300 was collected on the day.
"We need the money to keep the church going and open on a day-to-day basis. We're already planning another car show for next year, and hope to set a date in the near future," she said.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages