GALLERY: A classic day at Buntingford’s car show
- Credit: Archant
VINTAGE vehicles filled Buntingford High Street on Saturday for the town’s annual classic car show.
Sports cars, lorries and motorbikes were among the many different vehicles on show at The Buntingford Classic, which is now in its 13th year and is organised by the Buntingford Chamber of Commerce.
A spokesman for the organisers explained: “For the enthusiastic classic vehicle owner, the event represents the perfect opportunity to polish up the chrome and enjoy like-minded company.
“For the casual onlooker, its a rare opportunity to soak up real nostalgia in the historic setting. One can really imagine some of the real vintage motors hobbling along Buntingford’s original cobble street, surrounded by its Tudor scene.”
Aside from the vehicles, live music played at four arenas stationed around the High Street, with a number of local bands performing including the Buntingford Community Choir and the Freman Allstars from Freman College.
You may also want to watch:
Local charities and community organisations also took the chance to step stalls promoting their work.
Click on the link in the top right corner to see more photos from the day.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire