Future of Woolies remains uncertain
THE FUTURE of Woolworth s in Royston is still uncertain after the firm s administrators were unable to find a buyer. All stores in the chain, including that in Royston High Street, are up for sale, but as yet no potential buyers have been forthcoming, acc
THE FUTURE of Woolworth's in Royston is still uncertain after the firm's administrators were unable to find a buyer.
All stores in the chain, including that in Royston High Street, are up for sale, but as yet no potential buyers have been forthcoming, according to administrators Deloitte and Touche.
They declined to comment on the futures of individual stores.
Members of staff at the Royston store say they remain in the dark as to whether or not their jobs will go.
You may also want to watch:
One said: "We haven't been told anything yet - we're still waiting to hear what's going on."
Woolworths went into administration last month with estimated debts of £380million.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town