Future of Woolies remains uncertain
THE FUTURE of Woolworth s in Royston is still uncertain after the firm s administrators were unable to find a buyer. All stores in the chain, including that in Royston High Street, are up for sale, but as yet no potential buyers have been forthcoming, acc
THE FUTURE of Woolworth's in Royston is still uncertain after the firm's administrators were unable to find a buyer.
All stores in the chain, including that in Royston High Street, are up for sale, but as yet no potential buyers have been forthcoming, according to administrators Deloitte and Touche.
They declined to comment on the futures of individual stores.
Members of staff at the Royston store say they remain in the dark as to whether or not their jobs will go.
One said: "We haven't been told anything yet - we're still waiting to hear what's going on."
Woolworths went into administration last month with estimated debts of £380million.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge