Future of Woolies remains uncertain
THE FUTURE of Woolworth s in Royston is still uncertain after the firm s administrators were unable to find a buyer. All stores in the chain, including that in Royston High Street, are up for sale, but as yet no potential buyers have been forthcoming, acc
THE FUTURE of Woolworth's in Royston is still uncertain after the firm's administrators were unable to find a buyer.
All stores in the chain, including that in Royston High Street, are up for sale, but as yet no potential buyers have been forthcoming, according to administrators Deloitte and Touche.
They declined to comment on the futures of individual stores.
Members of staff at the Royston store say they remain in the dark as to whether or not their jobs will go.
You may also want to watch:
One said: "We haven't been told anything yet - we're still waiting to hear what's going on."
Woolworths went into administration last month with estimated debts of £380million.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside