Future of Royston’s Royal British Legion social club to be discussed tonight
A meeting is taking place tonight to discuss the future of a Royal British Legion social club.
The Royston club, in Mill Road, has been open for 77 years, but is suffering from a declining number of people using the bar and function rooms.
Club chairman Geoff Apperley said there was no danger of the club closing imminently, but that it was looking at ways to get more members through the door, as well as encouraging existing members to make more use of the facilities at the club.
The social arm of the Legion is separate to the organisation’s charitable arm, which carries out fundraising activities. These activities, such as the Poppy Day collections, are unaffected.
The special general meeting for members takes place at the Legion Hall this evening, starting at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact the branch office on 01763 244560.
You can also email the secretary on email@example.com.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?