Future of Royston’s Royal British Legion social club to be discussed tonight
A meeting is taking place tonight to discuss the future of a Royal British Legion social club.
The Royston club, in Mill Road, has been open for 77 years, but is suffering from a declining number of people using the bar and function rooms.
Club chairman Geoff Apperley said there was no danger of the club closing imminently, but that it was looking at ways to get more members through the door, as well as encouraging existing members to make more use of the facilities at the club.
The social arm of the Legion is separate to the organisation’s charitable arm, which carries out fundraising activities. These activities, such as the Poppy Day collections, are unaffected.
The special general meeting for members takes place at the Legion Hall this evening, starting at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact the branch office on 01763 244560.
You can also email the secretary on email@example.com.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'