Fundraisers make a splash for cash at Melbourn Sports Centre
- Credit: Archant
Fitness fans in Melbourn have been taking part in a variety of sponsored events to help raise cash for their community swimming pool repair fund.
Melbourn Sports Centre is a non-profit organisation and centre users, young and old, have taken on a marathon swimming challenge, Ironman challenges and an Aqua Fit marathon to drum up funds in the last six months.
It has now been announced that almost £8,000 has been raised from the challenges and donations from firms TTP Group, Tesco, Hotel Chocolat and Fieldgate Nurseries.
Manager Graham Mack said: “We have been fortunate to be able to keep the facility constantly running to a high standard since its 1991 inauguration.
“But we now need to make some essential ‘wear and tear’ repairs in order for our indoor swimming pool to continue functioning properly for future generations to enjoy and to learn to swim in.
You may also want to watch:
“We are overwhelmed by the generous support we have received from the community, especially those who put in all that hard work in the pool to raise so much money - without them, we would have struggled to achieve our goal.”
For further details on Melbourn Sports Centre, based at the village college in The Moor, drop in, call 01763 263313 or head to www.mc-sport.co.uk
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start