Cash boost for projects in Royston and Therfield
- Credit: Archant
Two projects in Royston and Therfield have been given a cash boost by North Hertfordshire District Council.
A portion of allocated funding will go towards the cost of a non-vehicular bridge over the A505 between Royston and Melbourn, The anticipated total cost of the scheme is estimated at £2.5 million.
NHDC has also allocated funds for an all-weather hockey pitch facility on Therfield Heath.
District councillor Tony Hunter said: “We are delighted to announce that funding has been formally allocated to these two projects.
“The safety of our residents is paramount and this bridge will transform the daily lives of many residents. We hope that many adults, children and the Royston Hockey Club will reap the benefits of the investment in the hockey pitch, and they will now be able to play a high standard of the game, whatever the weather!”
You may also want to watch:
NHDC’s funding is subject to the projects securing money from other parties and it derives from Section 106 contributions, paid to NHDC by developers to help fund sustainable transport initiatives in the local area.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening