Fun run marshals will be on course for a team win at Royston family fun run
- Credit: Getty Images
Are you able to spare an hour or two on Sunday, May 17, to help local families have a fun time?
The play and sport team at North Herts Children’s Services are holding a summer family fun run at Royston Leisure Centre on that day and need some volunteers who are willing to marshal the course for a maximum of two hours.
This will be a really enjoyable family event involving a fun run along a 3km guided route – you can jog, walk or toddle round, and buggies are welcome.
Children will receive a medal for completing the route and will then enter the fun zone where there will be an array of exciting activities.
Arts and crafts, face painting, inflatables, a limbo competition and even a beach where you can build sandcastles are all part of the programme.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available and you can also bring a picnic to enjoy and really make a day of it – if you have children, then they can join in the fun for free if you get involved in the marshalling team.
So why not be one of the friendly smiling faces around the route – by volunteering for an hour or two you will really help the day to be a great success as well as meeting new people and having fun at this wonderful community event.
- 1 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 5 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 8 Do not disturb nesting birds on Therfield Heath!
- 9 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
If you can help, please contact us and we will be delighted to put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk