Fun run in memory of brain tumour victim, 9
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS are being recruited for a fun run in aid of local charity Tom’s Trust.
The trust raises money to support children with brain tumours, and was set up in memory of Fowlmere youngster Tom Whiteley, who died in 2010 at the age of nine after being diagnosed with a tumour.
One of Tom’s friends, Tom Holmes, 12, came up with the idea for a fun run to raise money for the trust.
It will take place on Sunday, July 7, in Thriplow.
Debs Whiteley, trustee of Tom’s Trust, said: “I was truly inspired by Tom’s idea to organise a village fun run in aid of Tom’s Trust.
“This event is very close to my heart as Tom Holmes was our Tom’s friend.
“I would also like to thank Thriplow Farms for their ongoing support, which makes this event possible.”
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
The run will start at 11am (registration 9.30am).
There will be four age categories and all runners will be chip timed. Register in advance at www.tomstrust.org.uk