Fun run in memory of brain tumour victim, 9
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS are being recruited for a fun run in aid of local charity Tom’s Trust.
The trust raises money to support children with brain tumours, and was set up in memory of Fowlmere youngster Tom Whiteley, who died in 2010 at the age of nine after being diagnosed with a tumour.
One of Tom’s friends, Tom Holmes, 12, came up with the idea for a fun run to raise money for the trust.
It will take place on Sunday, July 7, in Thriplow.
Debs Whiteley, trustee of Tom’s Trust, said: “I was truly inspired by Tom’s idea to organise a village fun run in aid of Tom’s Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“This event is very close to my heart as Tom Holmes was our Tom’s friend.
“I would also like to thank Thriplow Farms for their ongoing support, which makes this event possible.”
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 6 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
The run will start at 11am (registration 9.30am).
There will be four age categories and all runners will be chip timed. Register in advance at www.tomstrust.org.uk