Fun run in memory of brain tumour victim, 9
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS are being recruited for a fun run in aid of local charity Tom’s Trust.
The trust raises money to support children with brain tumours, and was set up in memory of Fowlmere youngster Tom Whiteley, who died in 2010 at the age of nine after being diagnosed with a tumour.
One of Tom’s friends, Tom Holmes, 12, came up with the idea for a fun run to raise money for the trust.
It will take place on Sunday, July 7, in Thriplow.
Debs Whiteley, trustee of Tom’s Trust, said: “I was truly inspired by Tom’s idea to organise a village fun run in aid of Tom’s Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“This event is very close to my heart as Tom Holmes was our Tom’s friend.
“I would also like to thank Thriplow Farms for their ongoing support, which makes this event possible.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
The run will start at 11am (registration 9.30am).
There will be four age categories and all runners will be chip timed. Register in advance at www.tomstrust.org.uk