Fun run in memory of brain tumour victim, 9
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS are being recruited for a fun run in aid of local charity Tom’s Trust.
The trust raises money to support children with brain tumours, and was set up in memory of Fowlmere youngster Tom Whiteley, who died in 2010 at the age of nine after being diagnosed with a tumour.
One of Tom’s friends, Tom Holmes, 12, came up with the idea for a fun run to raise money for the trust.
It will take place on Sunday, July 7, in Thriplow.
Debs Whiteley, trustee of Tom’s Trust, said: “I was truly inspired by Tom’s idea to organise a village fun run in aid of Tom’s Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“This event is very close to my heart as Tom Holmes was our Tom’s friend.
“I would also like to thank Thriplow Farms for their ongoing support, which makes this event possible.”
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
The run will start at 11am (registration 9.30am).
There will be four age categories and all runners will be chip timed. Register in advance at www.tomstrust.org.uk