Fun in the sun at Guilden Morden garden market
FUN in the sun was on offer in Guilden Morden last weekend.
The innagural Guilden Garden Market was held on the village green, and visitors flocked to sample it’s many stalls and attractions.
Ginny Belson, who helped organise the event, said: “We had perfect weather, though it was probably a little bit hot for the molly dancers. I didn’t envy them under all that make up and nylon!”
Indeed, the Gog Magog Molly dancers were one of the star turns, dressed in their brightly colour costumes. Young dancers also entertained the crowds with displays of country dancing, while stalls sold a variety of crafts, horticultural must-haves, and gastronomic goodies.
In total the fair raised more than �1,500 for several charitable organisations, including the Guilden Morden village hall, the church restoration committee, and the Guilden Morden playgroup.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a brilliant day overall, and a real community event,” said Ginny. “Once the dust has settled we’ll do some de-briefing and consider what we’re going to do next year.”
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?