Fun in the sun at Guilden Morden garden market
FUN in the sun was on offer in Guilden Morden last weekend.
The innagural Guilden Garden Market was held on the village green, and visitors flocked to sample it’s many stalls and attractions.
Ginny Belson, who helped organise the event, said: “We had perfect weather, though it was probably a little bit hot for the molly dancers. I didn’t envy them under all that make up and nylon!”
Indeed, the Gog Magog Molly dancers were one of the star turns, dressed in their brightly colour costumes. Young dancers also entertained the crowds with displays of country dancing, while stalls sold a variety of crafts, horticultural must-haves, and gastronomic goodies.
In total the fair raised more than �1,500 for several charitable organisations, including the Guilden Morden village hall, the church restoration committee, and the Guilden Morden playgroup.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a brilliant day overall, and a real community event,” said Ginny. “Once the dust has settled we’ll do some de-briefing and consider what we’re going to do next year.”
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 9 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week