Fun in the sun at Guilden Morden garden market
FUN in the sun was on offer in Guilden Morden last weekend.
The innagural Guilden Garden Market was held on the village green, and visitors flocked to sample it’s many stalls and attractions.
Ginny Belson, who helped organise the event, said: “We had perfect weather, though it was probably a little bit hot for the molly dancers. I didn’t envy them under all that make up and nylon!”
Indeed, the Gog Magog Molly dancers were one of the star turns, dressed in their brightly colour costumes. Young dancers also entertained the crowds with displays of country dancing, while stalls sold a variety of crafts, horticultural must-haves, and gastronomic goodies.
In total the fair raised more than �1,500 for several charitable organisations, including the Guilden Morden village hall, the church restoration committee, and the Guilden Morden playgroup.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a brilliant day overall, and a real community event,” said Ginny. “Once the dust has settled we’ll do some de-briefing and consider what we’re going to do next year.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer