Fun in the sun at Guilden Morden garden market
FUN in the sun was on offer in Guilden Morden last weekend.
The innagural Guilden Garden Market was held on the village green, and visitors flocked to sample it’s many stalls and attractions.
Ginny Belson, who helped organise the event, said: “We had perfect weather, though it was probably a little bit hot for the molly dancers. I didn’t envy them under all that make up and nylon!”
Indeed, the Gog Magog Molly dancers were one of the star turns, dressed in their brightly colour costumes. Young dancers also entertained the crowds with displays of country dancing, while stalls sold a variety of crafts, horticultural must-haves, and gastronomic goodies.
In total the fair raised more than �1,500 for several charitable organisations, including the Guilden Morden village hall, the church restoration committee, and the Guilden Morden playgroup.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a brilliant day overall, and a real community event,” said Ginny. “Once the dust has settled we’ll do some de-briefing and consider what we’re going to do next year.”
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation