Fun in the Park helps hospital
MONEY raised from Royston s Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke s Hospital. Almost £2,000 was raised from the event. A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital. The donation was handed over
MONEY raised from Royston's Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Almost £2,000 was raised from the event.
A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital.
The donation was handed over by Judy Porto, the event organiser.
Judy runs the Queens Road nursery which has now moved to Tannery Drift School, Royston.
Speaking of the event in the Priory Memorial Gardens in June, she said: "It was lovely to see how much community spirit there is in and around Royston."
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
The aim of Fun in the Park was to increase the awareness of early years provision in Royston - and to help the play room at Addenbrooke's.
Fun is the Park was aimed at children under the age of six and included a balloon race and parachute games.