Fun in the Park helps hospital
MONEY raised from Royston s Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke s Hospital. Almost £2,000 was raised from the event. A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital. The donation was handed over
MONEY raised from Royston's Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Almost £2,000 was raised from the event.
A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital.
The donation was handed over by Judy Porto, the event organiser.
You may also want to watch:
Judy runs the Queens Road nursery which has now moved to Tannery Drift School, Royston.
Speaking of the event in the Priory Memorial Gardens in June, she said: "It was lovely to see how much community spirit there is in and around Royston."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The aim of Fun in the Park was to increase the awareness of early years provision in Royston - and to help the play room at Addenbrooke's.
Fun is the Park was aimed at children under the age of six and included a balloon race and parachute games.