Fun in the Park helps hospital
MONEY raised from Royston s Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke s Hospital. Almost £2,000 was raised from the event. A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital. The donation was handed over
MONEY raised from Royston's Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Almost £2,000 was raised from the event.
A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital.
The donation was handed over by Judy Porto, the event organiser.
Judy runs the Queens Road nursery which has now moved to Tannery Drift School, Royston.
Speaking of the event in the Priory Memorial Gardens in June, she said: "It was lovely to see how much community spirit there is in and around Royston."
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
The aim of Fun in the Park was to increase the awareness of early years provision in Royston - and to help the play room at Addenbrooke's.
Fun is the Park was aimed at children under the age of six and included a balloon race and parachute games.