Fun in the Park helps hospital
MONEY raised from Royston s Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke s Hospital. Almost £2,000 was raised from the event. A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital. The donation was handed over
MONEY raised from Royston's Fun in the Park event has been handed over to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Almost £2,000 was raised from the event.
A cheque was presented to Carol Garner to help pay towards a play room at the hospital.
The donation was handed over by Judy Porto, the event organiser.
You may also want to watch:
Judy runs the Queens Road nursery which has now moved to Tannery Drift School, Royston.
Speaking of the event in the Priory Memorial Gardens in June, she said: "It was lovely to see how much community spirit there is in and around Royston."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
The aim of Fun in the Park was to increase the awareness of early years provision in Royston - and to help the play room at Addenbrooke's.
Fun is the Park was aimed at children under the age of six and included a balloon race and parachute games.