Fun in the Park helps hospital
ALMOST £2,000 was raised for Addenbrooke s play room at the Royston Fun in the Park on Saturday. The event in the Priory Memorial Gardens was aimed at under-sixes and included activities such as a balloon race, parachute games, and stalls selling books a
ALMOST £2,000 was raised for Addenbrooke's play room at the Royston Fun in the Park on Saturday.
The event in the Priory Memorial Gardens was aimed at under-sixes and included activities such as a balloon race, parachute games, and stalls selling books and craft kits.
Organiser Judy Porto said of the event: "It is lovely to see how much community spirit there is in and around Royston."
The aims of Fun in the Park were to increase awareness of early years provision in Royston, while also raising money for the playroom.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers will be speaking to staff at Addenbrooke's to discuss what they would like to do with the money.
n Anyone who like to make a further donation can call 01223 207548.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms