Fun in the Park helps hospital
ALMOST £2,000 was raised for Addenbrooke s play room at the Royston Fun in the Park on Saturday. The event in the Priory Memorial Gardens was aimed at under-sixes and included activities such as a balloon race, parachute games, and stalls selling books a
ALMOST £2,000 was raised for Addenbrooke's play room at the Royston Fun in the Park on Saturday.
The event in the Priory Memorial Gardens was aimed at under-sixes and included activities such as a balloon race, parachute games, and stalls selling books and craft kits.
Organiser Judy Porto said of the event: "It is lovely to see how much community spirit there is in and around Royston."
The aims of Fun in the Park were to increase awareness of early years provision in Royston, while also raising money for the playroom.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers will be speaking to staff at Addenbrooke's to discuss what they would like to do with the money.
n Anyone who like to make a further donation can call 01223 207548.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day