Full steam ahead at Royston & District Model Railway Club exhibition in Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Model railway enthusiasts flocked to Bassingbourn Village College at the weekend for the Royston & District Model Railway Club’s 31st exhibition.
It was the sixth time the club had put on the exhibition at the school in South End.
Club exhibition manager Reg Hounsell, who organised the event, told the Crow: “We had 54 stands and 29 working layouts at the exhbition – the biggest was 30ft long, and the smallest fit in a suitcase.
“Outside we had a train locomotive by the Royston Model Engineering Society. They did very well and they had still people wanting rides at 4.30pm.
“We had a very good turnout, what was exceptional was the number of children who came with parents far and above the number in the past. It made for a really lovely atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“We do appreciate BVC allow us to visit there, everyone says how nice the college is and how much they enjoy having it there.”
The club normally meets every Friday, upstairs in the Town House in Church End, Barley from 8pm to 10.30pm.
See www.roystondmrc.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire