Full steam ahead at Royston & District Model Railway Club exhibition in Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Model railway enthusiasts flocked to Bassingbourn Village College at the weekend for the Royston & District Model Railway Club’s 31st exhibition.
It was the sixth time the club had put on the exhibition at the school in South End.
Club exhibition manager Reg Hounsell, who organised the event, told the Crow: “We had 54 stands and 29 working layouts at the exhbition – the biggest was 30ft long, and the smallest fit in a suitcase.
“Outside we had a train locomotive by the Royston Model Engineering Society. They did very well and they had still people wanting rides at 4.30pm.
“We had a very good turnout, what was exceptional was the number of children who came with parents far and above the number in the past. It made for a really lovely atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“We do appreciate BVC allow us to visit there, everyone says how nice the college is and how much they enjoy having it there.”
The club normally meets every Friday, upstairs in the Town House in Church End, Barley from 8pm to 10.30pm.
See www.roystondmrc.co.uk for more information.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services