Full steam ahead as Mayflower tears through Royston railway station
- Credit: Archant
A steam engine tore through Royston railway station on Sunday morning to the delight of those eagerly waiting for a glimpse on the platform.
As part of the Easterling rail tour the LNER B1 Mayflower 61306 made a round trip between London King’s Cross and Norfolk railway stations, including a voyage through Royston at about 10.40am.
Photographer David Hatton said: “It was a nice sight.
“There were several onlookers and children there to admire it coming through at full speed, perhaps at 50mph, and it was only a few minutes late!
“There were many carriages and I believe fare-paying passengers as well.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not a trainspotter, but it was very impressive indeed.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks