Full steam ahead as Mayflower tears through Royston railway station
- Credit: Archant
A steam engine tore through Royston railway station on Sunday morning to the delight of those eagerly waiting for a glimpse on the platform.
As part of the Easterling rail tour the LNER B1 Mayflower 61306 made a round trip between London King’s Cross and Norfolk railway stations, including a voyage through Royston at about 10.40am.
Photographer David Hatton said: “It was a nice sight.
“There were several onlookers and children there to admire it coming through at full speed, perhaps at 50mph, and it was only a few minutes late!
“There were many carriages and I believe fare-paying passengers as well.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not a trainspotter, but it was very impressive indeed.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge