Full impact of teachers’ strikes revealed
THE full impact of today’s (Thursday) teachers’ strike has been revealed.
Last week The Crow disclosed that schools across Royston would be affected by the industrial action, which will see members of the National Union of Teachers and the Association of Teachers and Lecturers walking out in a dispute over pension reform.
Greneway Middle School, Barley First School, Meridian, Roysia Middle School, and Roman Way First will all be shut to students.
Ashwell and Icknield Walk schools will be partially closed, with a reduced number of classes running.
Speaking to The Crow last week the Eastern region secretary of the NUT said she expected all Royston schools to be affected – however so far this has not proved the case.
You may also want to watch:
Tannery Drift First has no members of staff who are members of the two unions involved in the dispute.
Cambridgeshire County Council has also compiled a list of schools that will be closing because of the industrial action, which arose over proposed changes to teachers’ pensions which unions claim will result in them working longer, paying more, and getting less when they retire.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
Bassingbourn Village College, Melbourn Primary School, Melbourn Village College, and Meldreth Primary School will all be closed.
A full list of Cambridgeshire’s affected schools is available from the county’s website, www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk
n What do you think of the strikes? Have you been affected? Do you think the teachers were right to strike?
The Crow wants to hear from you, contact us on 07557232154 or at firstname.lastname@example.org