Friends of missing Helen Bailey appeal for help in finding Royston author who supported ‘hundreds of widows’
- Credit: Archant
Friends of missing Royston author Helen Bailey have described her disappearance as a ‘mystery’ to those who know her.
The 51-year-old disappeared from the home she shares with partner Ian Stewart on Monday, April 11 with her miniature dachshund, and police are growing increasingly concerned about her welfare.
Friends of the author issued the following statement about the impact of her work: “Widowed in 2011 when her husband John Sinfield drowned in Barbados, Helen turned to writing her blog, Planet Grief, as a means of trying to deal with her bereavement and its impact upon her.
“In doing so Helen’s writing struck a chord with other widows and widowers and she gained a huge following with the result that the blog was ultimately turned into the book ‘When Bad Things Happen in Good Bikinis’. Her disappearance is a mystery to her family and friends who are doing their utmost to find her. For them it’s a simple story – Helen has helped and supported hundreds of widows through her blog and book now they are gathering together to try and help find her.”
Specialist searches were carried out around Weston after a truck driver reported seeing someone matching her description – but without a dog – the day after she went missing.
You may also want to watch:
If you have information which could help police, call 101.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences