Friday night misery for motorists on motorways around Crow country
Motorists are warned that heavy traffic is building up around junction 6 of the A1 (M) at Welwyn heading north towards Stevenage at the start of rush hour on Friday evening. Further south there are further warnings of slow moving traffic on the A1 (M) e
Motorists are warned that heavy traffic is building up around junction 6 of the A1 (M) at Welwyn heading north towards Stevenage at the start of rush hour on Friday evening.
Further south there are further warnings of slow moving traffic on the A1 (M) either side of the Hatfield Tunnel owing to road works between junction 4 and 3.
Also on the A1 (M) at junction 9 Letchworth Gate northbound there is heavy traffic and delays as a van has broken down on the slip road.
At the Black Cat roundabout on the A1 at Roxton there is heavy and slow moving traffic.
There are still problems on the M11 northbound around junction 8 for Stansted Airport and junction 9 for the A11 with Saffron Walden because of a broken down vehicle.
The normal blackspots on the M25 are causing a headache for drivers in Buckinghamshire with a 50mph speed restriction both ways between junctions 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood. Heavy traffic is also reported anticlockwise between junction 22 at St Albans and junction18 Chorley Wood.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 3 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 4 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 5 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
Congestion is also reported on the A505 old Park Road, Hitchin.
In Cambridgeshire there are problems on the A14 westbound at junction 23 with the A1126 where a lane is closed because of a broken down lorry and there is congestion back to Godmanchester. Also on the A14 at junction 34 and 32 westbound there is queuing traffic between Fen Ditton and Histon Interchange.