Friday night misery for motorists on motorways around Crow country
Motorists are warned that heavy traffic is building up around junction 6 of the A1 (M) at Welwyn heading north towards Stevenage at the start of rush hour on Friday evening. Further south there are further warnings of slow moving traffic on the A1 (M) e
Motorists are warned that heavy traffic is building up around junction 6 of the A1 (M) at Welwyn heading north towards Stevenage at the start of rush hour on Friday evening.
Further south there are further warnings of slow moving traffic on the A1 (M) either side of the Hatfield Tunnel owing to road works between junction 4 and 3.
Also on the A1 (M) at junction 9 Letchworth Gate northbound there is heavy traffic and delays as a van has broken down on the slip road.
At the Black Cat roundabout on the A1 at Roxton there is heavy and slow moving traffic.
You may also want to watch:
There are still problems on the M11 northbound around junction 8 for Stansted Airport and junction 9 for the A11 with Saffron Walden because of a broken down vehicle.
The normal blackspots on the M25 are causing a headache for drivers in Buckinghamshire with a 50mph speed restriction both ways between junctions 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood. Heavy traffic is also reported anticlockwise between junction 22 at St Albans and junction18 Chorley Wood.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
Congestion is also reported on the A505 old Park Road, Hitchin.
In Cambridgeshire there are problems on the A14 westbound at junction 23 with the A1126 where a lane is closed because of a broken down lorry and there is congestion back to Godmanchester. Also on the A14 at junction 34 and 32 westbound there is queuing traffic between Fen Ditton and Histon Interchange.