Friday night misery for motorists on M11 after lorry topples down embankment
There are major problems for motorists southbound on the M11 tonight between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden after a lorry rolled down an embankment. Traffic is reported queuing back to junction 11 at Duxford and police are wa
There are major problems for motorists southbound on the M11 tonight between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden after a lorry rolled down an embankment. Traffic is reported queuing back to junction 11 at Duxford and police are warning motorists to expect delays of almost an hour.
On the A1307 at Linton on Cambridgeshire eastbound at Joiner's Road the road is partially blocked by an accident.
Motorists are also facing delays on the A1 (M) northbound between junctions 3 and 4 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel because of the road works.
An earlier incident that partially blocked the slip road at junction 8 of the A1 (M) at Coreys Mill, Stevenage, has now been cleared.
You may also want to watch:
On the M25 there are reports of very slow traffic between junction 20 at Kings Langley and junction 18 at Chorley Wood as well as congestion between junction 16 and 18 both ways because of 50 mph speed restrictions around road works.
On the M1 in Hertfordshire there is slow traffic northbound between junction 9 at Redbourn and junction 11 at Dunstable.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
Drivers are also being warned of possible delays around road works on the M11 between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden.