Friday night misery for motorists on M11 after lorry topples down embankment
There are major problems for motorists southbound on the M11 tonight between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden after a lorry rolled down an embankment. Traffic is reported queuing back to junction 11 at Duxford and police are wa
There are major problems for motorists southbound on the M11 tonight between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden after a lorry rolled down an embankment. Traffic is reported queuing back to junction 11 at Duxford and police are warning motorists to expect delays of almost an hour.
On the A1307 at Linton on Cambridgeshire eastbound at Joiner's Road the road is partially blocked by an accident.
Motorists are also facing delays on the A1 (M) northbound between junctions 3 and 4 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel because of the road works.
An earlier incident that partially blocked the slip road at junction 8 of the A1 (M) at Coreys Mill, Stevenage, has now been cleared.
You may also want to watch:
On the M25 there are reports of very slow traffic between junction 20 at Kings Langley and junction 18 at Chorley Wood as well as congestion between junction 16 and 18 both ways because of 50 mph speed restrictions around road works.
On the M1 in Hertfordshire there is slow traffic northbound between junction 9 at Redbourn and junction 11 at Dunstable.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 8 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
Drivers are also being warned of possible delays around road works on the M11 between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden.