Freman College students in Buntingford drum up cash for Dragons’ Apprentice Challenge
- Credit: Archant
It’s been charity challenges all round at Freman College in Buntingford in the last week – including the Dragons Apprentice contest to turn £100 into £1,000.
While the upper sixth sat their trial exams the lower sixth Dragons’ Apprentice team have been busy fundraising for Buntingford-based charity, The Muscle Help Foundation.
Having been challenged to turn £100 into £1,000 or more they kicked off proceedings with a Halloween charity sale.
This was followed by an assembly on Tuesday last week to further raise awareness of the work of the inspirational muscular dystrophy charity, the Muscle Help Foundation.
On Friday, a non-uniform fundraising day tied in with the House Cross Country event, which saw around 600 students running to Throcking and back – always a spectacular sight!
You may also want to watch:
The team will follow this up with a stall at the Buntingford late night shopping evening on November 24, where they will be selling children’s puzzles and Christmas gifts. All are invited along to support this worthwhile charity.
Also Freman’s Amnesty International Group held their quiz night on Thursday last week, and to finish off a tough week of challenges, 40 Sixth Form students competed in the Senior Maths Challenge on Tuesday.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton