Free swimming on offer as part of London 2012 Olympic countdown
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues. On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn s McSplash pool will be offering free family sessi
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues.
On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn's McSplash pool will be offering free family sessions from 2pm - 3pm and 3pm - 4pm.
Cllr Jaime Dipple, South Cambridgeshire District Council's champion for the Olympics, said: "Swimming is a fun way for the whole family to get active. I hope that lots of families will splash out and end half-term with a free dip in their local pool."
Melbourn already offers free swimming for under-16's and over-60's, and has benefited from extra council funding to improve facilities.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the timetables at the pool, call 01763 263 313.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences