Free swimming on offer as part of London 2012 Olympic countdown
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues. On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn s McSplash pool will be offering free family sessi
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues.
On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn's McSplash pool will be offering free family sessions from 2pm - 3pm and 3pm - 4pm.
Cllr Jaime Dipple, South Cambridgeshire District Council's champion for the Olympics, said: "Swimming is a fun way for the whole family to get active. I hope that lots of families will splash out and end half-term with a free dip in their local pool."
Melbourn already offers free swimming for under-16's and over-60's, and has benefited from extra council funding to improve facilities.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the timetables at the pool, call 01763 263 313.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange