Free swimming on offer as part of London 2012 Olympic countdown
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues. On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn s McSplash pool will be offering free family sessi
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues.
On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn's McSplash pool will be offering free family sessions from 2pm - 3pm and 3pm - 4pm.
Cllr Jaime Dipple, South Cambridgeshire District Council's champion for the Olympics, said: "Swimming is a fun way for the whole family to get active. I hope that lots of families will splash out and end half-term with a free dip in their local pool."
Melbourn already offers free swimming for under-16's and over-60's, and has benefited from extra council funding to improve facilities.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the timetables at the pool, call 01763 263 313.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire