Free swimming on offer as part of London 2012 Olympic countdown
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues. On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn s McSplash pool will be offering free family sessi
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues.
On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn's McSplash pool will be offering free family sessions from 2pm - 3pm and 3pm - 4pm.
Cllr Jaime Dipple, South Cambridgeshire District Council's champion for the Olympics, said: "Swimming is a fun way for the whole family to get active. I hope that lots of families will splash out and end half-term with a free dip in their local pool."
Melbourn already offers free swimming for under-16's and over-60's, and has benefited from extra council funding to improve facilities.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the timetables at the pool, call 01763 263 313.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston