Free swimming on offer as part of London 2012 Olympic countdown
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues. On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn s McSplash pool will be offering free family sessi
FREE swimming is on offer this half term as the count down to the 2012 Olympics continues.
On the 31 October there will be 1,000 days until the start of the London games, and to mark the occasion Melbourn's McSplash pool will be offering free family sessions from 2pm - 3pm and 3pm - 4pm.
Cllr Jaime Dipple, South Cambridgeshire District Council's champion for the Olympics, said: "Swimming is a fun way for the whole family to get active. I hope that lots of families will splash out and end half-term with a free dip in their local pool."
Melbourn already offers free swimming for under-16's and over-60's, and has benefited from extra council funding to improve facilities.
For more information on the timetables at the pool, call 01763 263 313.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'