Free summer activities for youngsters
ACTIVITIES for children of all ages will be taking in Royston over the summer. The Royston Extended Schools Initiative has organised a packed programme over the next five weeks, many of which are free to enter. Helen Meridew, Extended Schools assistant fo
ACTIVITIES for children of all ages will be taking in Royston over the summer.
The Royston Extended Schools Initiative has organised a packed programme over the next five weeks, many of which are free to enter.
Helen Meridew, Extended Schools assistant for Royston, said: "We are all trying very hard to promote these events through the schools, local shops, the library, Royston Town Council, Leisure Centre, and many other avenues.
"We want to give everyone the best chance of taking part in as many of our exciting activities as possible," she said.
Teenagers can go along to a free Summer Youthoria event in Priory Memorial Gardens next Wednesday, July 29. This will feature a Climbing Wall plus additional activities including Nail art, graffiti art, and sumo suits, while football coaches from Hitchin Town Football Club will be present at the event between 6pm - 9pm.
On Tuesday 28 July and Saturday 1 August, free drop in sessions will run at The House, Royston.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
Youngsters aged 5 - 15 are welcome at an Angel v Demons drop-in-art session, which comes to the Market Hill Rooms, Royston on Thursday July 30. This will run from 10am - 4pm and cost �1 per child.
Bookings are also being taken for a trip to Thorpe Park on August 25, and for a Royston CSI day on August 27. For more details call North Herts District Council on 01462 474569.