Free summer activities for youngsters
ACTIVITIES for children of all ages will be taking in Royston over the summer. The Royston Extended Schools Initiative has organised a packed programme over the next five weeks, many of which are free to enter. Helen Meridew, Extended Schools assistant fo
ACTIVITIES for children of all ages will be taking in Royston over the summer.
The Royston Extended Schools Initiative has organised a packed programme over the next five weeks, many of which are free to enter.
Helen Meridew, Extended Schools assistant for Royston, said: "We are all trying very hard to promote these events through the schools, local shops, the library, Royston Town Council, Leisure Centre, and many other avenues.
"We want to give everyone the best chance of taking part in as many of our exciting activities as possible," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Teenagers can go along to a free Summer Youthoria event in Priory Memorial Gardens next Wednesday, July 29. This will feature a Climbing Wall plus additional activities including Nail art, graffiti art, and sumo suits, while football coaches from Hitchin Town Football Club will be present at the event between 6pm - 9pm.
On Tuesday 28 July and Saturday 1 August, free drop in sessions will run at The House, Royston.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Youngsters aged 5 - 15 are welcome at an Angel v Demons drop-in-art session, which comes to the Market Hill Rooms, Royston on Thursday July 30. This will run from 10am - 4pm and cost �1 per child.
Bookings are also being taken for a trip to Thorpe Park on August 25, and for a Royston CSI day on August 27. For more details call North Herts District Council on 01462 474569.