Struggling with the Cost of Living crisis? Need to boost your income?
Citizens Advice North Herts
- Credit: Citizens Advice North Herts
If you are worried about the cost-of-living crisis and you live or work in Letchworth, come along to one of our FREE ‘Maximising Income’ workshops this June, and learn what you can do to boost the money in your pocket.
At the workshop, amongst other things we’ll ensure to answer the following questions:
What is the Household Support Fund?
Am I entitled to a Council Tax discount?
What additional financial support is available to me if I have young children?
If I receive Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit, can I do any paid work as well?
What is Pension Credit and how do I know if I’m eligible?
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 5 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
If I rent out a room how much can I charge without being taxed on the rental income?
What tax allowances am I entitled to?
How much paid holiday am I entitled to?
And we’ll also cover:
Different ways to increase your income
Different ways to reduce your spending
How to do an online benefit calculation
How to search online for grants
Where to find more help and support
June 9 at 2pm at Create Community, 19-29 Station Road, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3BB
June 16 at 10am at Create Community, 19-29 Station Road, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3BB
June 21 at 7pm online, via Zoom
If you would like to book any of the above workshops simply call/text 07551 275413 or email email@example.com and leave your contact details.
The Letchworth Financial Health project aims to improve the current and future financial education, support and wellbeing of our local community.
We offer a full range of workshops both face to face and online; each workshop is an hour in a very inclusive, informative and relaxed style. Please visit our project page https://northhertscab.org.uk/about-us/letchworth-financial-health/ for more information.
Introduction to Financial Capability Community Workshops
Bank & Saving Accounts
Comparing Best Buys
If you need any advice or support, please either call 01462 689801, or use our contact form at https://northhertscab.org.uk/contact-us/