Free community event edging closer
ORGANISERS behind an event that will showcase “the best of Royston” are urging companies and clubs to come forward and take part.
Royston Open Secrets will take place at Therfield Heath on June 12, and aims to show the town’s residents activities and organisations the town has to offer.
Open Secrets chairman Linda Turner said: “The event will be a fantastic way to discover, meet and enjoy the brilliant organisations, clubs and businesses of our town.
“Its great that over a quarter of the stand space has already been snapped up, but we want more people to come forwards and show off what they can offer the town.”
Open Secrets is being held two years after the Royston Hidden Secrets event, which first gave lesser-known community groups the chance to reveal themselves.
You may also want to watch:
It is being held in conjunction with the North Royston Action Group, organisers of the Royston Community Exhibition, a similar event successfully organised last summer.
Jayne Bratton, who ran the Community Exhibition, said: “Last year the North Royston Action Group ran an extremely successful exhibition for local groups, charities and support organisations to have a stand for free to promote themselves to the public.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
“The similar Hidden Secrets was held too, but this year we are delighted to announce that we have joined forces.
“We will have an absolutely enormous marquee with a children’s zone, around 80 free pitches, a speakers’ corner and lots of outside showground area. We would love groups to use the outside space for exhibiting their skills etc and this too will be for free.”
Mrs Turner added: “Visitors will be able to enjoy exciting entertainment, sporting demonstrations, delicious food and marvellous arts and crafts as well as an interesting business exhibition.”
“We are reminding all local community groups, charities, kids clubs, sports associations and voluntary organisations that the event is for them, and we are encouraging them to book a stand to show our local community just what great work they do.”
Bookings will be taken on a first-come-first-serve basis, and can be made by filling out and returning the application form at www.open-secrets.co.uk.
Contact Mrs Turner on 07984 900556 or Mrs Bratton on 07764 657576 for more information.