Free community event edging closer
ORGANISERS behind an event that will showcase “the best of Royston” are urging companies and clubs to come forward and take part.
Royston Open Secrets will take place at Therfield Heath on June 12, and aims to show the town’s residents activities and organisations the town has to offer.
Open Secrets chairman Linda Turner said: “The event will be a fantastic way to discover, meet and enjoy the brilliant organisations, clubs and businesses of our town.
“Its great that over a quarter of the stand space has already been snapped up, but we want more people to come forwards and show off what they can offer the town.”
Open Secrets is being held two years after the Royston Hidden Secrets event, which first gave lesser-known community groups the chance to reveal themselves.
You may also want to watch:
It is being held in conjunction with the North Royston Action Group, organisers of the Royston Community Exhibition, a similar event successfully organised last summer.
Jayne Bratton, who ran the Community Exhibition, said: “Last year the North Royston Action Group ran an extremely successful exhibition for local groups, charities and support organisations to have a stand for free to promote themselves to the public.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
“The similar Hidden Secrets was held too, but this year we are delighted to announce that we have joined forces.
“We will have an absolutely enormous marquee with a children’s zone, around 80 free pitches, a speakers’ corner and lots of outside showground area. We would love groups to use the outside space for exhibiting their skills etc and this too will be for free.”
Mrs Turner added: “Visitors will be able to enjoy exciting entertainment, sporting demonstrations, delicious food and marvellous arts and crafts as well as an interesting business exhibition.”
“We are reminding all local community groups, charities, kids clubs, sports associations and voluntary organisations that the event is for them, and we are encouraging them to book a stand to show our local community just what great work they do.”
Bookings will be taken on a first-come-first-serve basis, and can be made by filling out and returning the application form at www.open-secrets.co.uk.
Contact Mrs Turner on 07984 900556 or Mrs Bratton on 07764 657576 for more information.