France, Spain and next stop Royston for popular folk duo
- Credit: Archant
A folk duo who have performed across the UK, France and Spain and have had their music aired on Radio 4 will perform at this month’s Showcase night at the Old Bull Inn in Royston.
Na-Mara perform traditional songs and music from across the British Isles alongside their own tunes.
They also play songs from France and Quebec, which they translate into English so the music can be appreciated among a wider audience.
The pair have also written a variety of songs about the Spanish Civil War to honour the British men who went to fight fascism in the 1930s.
The acoustic musicians, who hail from St Albans, began making music together in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Garcia is a London born singer of Spanish decent. His parents came to the UK as child refugees fleeing the Spanish Civil War.
He has trained as a professional musician and classical guitarist, played solo and duo recitals in the UK and Europe and worked as a music teacher.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston
Paul McNamara was born in Middlesbrough where he played at the local folk club.
His family settled in St Albans where now he sings and plays guitar. Also playing will be Red Dirt, Ian Roland, Kelly and Woolley, Liz Cotton and Joint Venture.
The event will take place on Friday June 12 from 7pm for an 8pm start. Tickets are £4 and £3 for performers. £2 for under 25s. For more information go to www.roystonfolk.org.