France, Spain and next stop Royston for popular folk duo
- Credit: Archant
A folk duo who have performed across the UK, France and Spain and have had their music aired on Radio 4 will perform at this month’s Showcase night at the Old Bull Inn in Royston.
Na-Mara perform traditional songs and music from across the British Isles alongside their own tunes.
They also play songs from France and Quebec, which they translate into English so the music can be appreciated among a wider audience.
The pair have also written a variety of songs about the Spanish Civil War to honour the British men who went to fight fascism in the 1930s.
The acoustic musicians, who hail from St Albans, began making music together in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Garcia is a London born singer of Spanish decent. His parents came to the UK as child refugees fleeing the Spanish Civil War.
He has trained as a professional musician and classical guitarist, played solo and duo recitals in the UK and Europe and worked as a music teacher.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Paul McNamara was born in Middlesbrough where he played at the local folk club.
His family settled in St Albans where now he sings and plays guitar. Also playing will be Red Dirt, Ian Roland, Kelly and Woolley, Liz Cotton and Joint Venture.
The event will take place on Friday June 12 from 7pm for an 8pm start. Tickets are £4 and £3 for performers. £2 for under 25s. For more information go to www.roystonfolk.org.