Foxton skatepark starts to take shape
- Credit: Archant
The half-pipe has been laid at a new skatepark in a Crow country village.
Costing £70,000, the skatepark is taking shape at Foxton recreation ground, and is due to open on May 18.
Funds for the project, which has been driven by the Foxton Skatepark Fundraising Group, have come from a variety of sources, including major grants from WREN, an organisation which assists community projects and recycling firm AmeyCespa.
Jane Kohler, chairman of Foxton Skatepark Fundraising Group said: “We have been truly impressed by the initiative and determination shown by the young members of our fundraising group.
“We have had fun along the way to raising the match funding and the kids should be proud of their efforts. We are extremely grateful to all of our sponsors and donors and especially grateful to WREN and AmeyCespa Community Fund without whom we would still be a long way off achieving the kids’ dream.”
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Oakley, chairman of Foxton Parish Council said: “The new skatepark is a very welcome addition to the facilities already available for all ages on our recreation ground and will add to the excellent levels of community cohesion within the village.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation