Foxton art exhibition showcases ‘wealth of talent in the area’
- Credit: Archant
A bumper-packed art exhibition showcased the ‘wealth of talent in the area’ over the weekend.
Foxton Village Hall was awash with colour for the village’s annual art exhibition which welcomed 70 artists and 420 pieces of art including oil paintings, photographs, watercolours and glassware.
Exhibition organiser Jane Price said: “We are very proud of the fact that there is a record breaking number of entries for this, our 12th annual show.
“This has also been our best attended exhibition so far. We are very fortunate to have such a wealth of artistic talent in our area.
“We have, as usual, encouraged the public attending to vote for their favourite exhibit.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn artist Val Pettifer was given the Sue Collins award for the best exhibit for her entry, Madame Butterfly.
All proceeds from the exhibition went towards Foxton Primary School to provide the children with arts education materials and resources with an emphasis on encouraging and developing artistic ability.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 8 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre