Foxton art exhibition showcases ‘wealth of talent in the area’
- Credit: Archant
A bumper-packed art exhibition showcased the ‘wealth of talent in the area’ over the weekend.
Foxton Village Hall was awash with colour for the village’s annual art exhibition which welcomed 70 artists and 420 pieces of art including oil paintings, photographs, watercolours and glassware.
Exhibition organiser Jane Price said: “We are very proud of the fact that there is a record breaking number of entries for this, our 12th annual show.
“This has also been our best attended exhibition so far. We are very fortunate to have such a wealth of artistic talent in our area.
“We have, as usual, encouraged the public attending to vote for their favourite exhibit.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn artist Val Pettifer was given the Sue Collins award for the best exhibit for her entry, Madame Butterfly.
All proceeds from the exhibition went towards Foxton Primary School to provide the children with arts education materials and resources with an emphasis on encouraging and developing artistic ability.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic