Foxton art exhibition showcases ‘wealth of talent in the area’
- Credit: Archant
A bumper-packed art exhibition showcased the ‘wealth of talent in the area’ over the weekend.
Foxton Village Hall was awash with colour for the village’s annual art exhibition which welcomed 70 artists and 420 pieces of art including oil paintings, photographs, watercolours and glassware.
Exhibition organiser Jane Price said: “We are very proud of the fact that there is a record breaking number of entries for this, our 12th annual show.
“This has also been our best attended exhibition so far. We are very fortunate to have such a wealth of artistic talent in our area.
“We have, as usual, encouraged the public attending to vote for their favourite exhibit.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn artist Val Pettifer was given the Sue Collins award for the best exhibit for her entry, Madame Butterfly.
All proceeds from the exhibition went towards Foxton Primary School to provide the children with arts education materials and resources with an emphasis on encouraging and developing artistic ability.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner