Foxton art exhibition showcases ‘wealth of talent in the area’
- Credit: Archant
A bumper-packed art exhibition showcased the ‘wealth of talent in the area’ over the weekend.
Foxton Village Hall was awash with colour for the village’s annual art exhibition which welcomed 70 artists and 420 pieces of art including oil paintings, photographs, watercolours and glassware.
Exhibition organiser Jane Price said: “We are very proud of the fact that there is a record breaking number of entries for this, our 12th annual show.
“This has also been our best attended exhibition so far. We are very fortunate to have such a wealth of artistic talent in our area.
“We have, as usual, encouraged the public attending to vote for their favourite exhibit.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn artist Val Pettifer was given the Sue Collins award for the best exhibit for her entry, Madame Butterfly.
All proceeds from the exhibition went towards Foxton Primary School to provide the children with arts education materials and resources with an emphasis on encouraging and developing artistic ability.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire