New Foxton signs mark twinning with French village Montigny
- Credit: Archant
Members of Foxton Twinning Association have gathered to mark the installation of new signs recognising the twinning of the village with another in France.
The new signs at the village entrances recognise the partnership between Foxton and Montigny, near Rouen, in Normandy.
The twinning began in October 2016 developing from a longstanding, cross-channel friendship and has seen three annual exchanges since with more than 40 members of each community taking part in the visits.
"We are delighted that there is now a very visible recognition of the bond of friendship between the two communities," said association chair, Philip Atkin.
"Our partnership allows the two villages to share their local history and culture on a personal level and the visits that we have made and hosted have been a real highlight."
You may also want to watch:
The next exchange will take place in May 2020 with families from Montigny visiting Foxton over the Bank Holiday weekend.
For more information, go to foxtontwinning.org.uk.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims