New Foxton signs mark twinning with French village Montigny
- Credit: Archant
Members of Foxton Twinning Association have gathered to mark the installation of new signs recognising the twinning of the village with another in France.
The new signs at the village entrances recognise the partnership between Foxton and Montigny, near Rouen, in Normandy.
The twinning began in October 2016 developing from a longstanding, cross-channel friendship and has seen three annual exchanges since with more than 40 members of each community taking part in the visits.
"We are delighted that there is now a very visible recognition of the bond of friendship between the two communities," said association chair, Philip Atkin.
"Our partnership allows the two villages to share their local history and culture on a personal level and the visits that we have made and hosted have been a real highlight."
You may also want to watch:
The next exchange will take place in May 2020 with families from Montigny visiting Foxton over the Bank Holiday weekend.
For more information, go to foxtontwinning.org.uk.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day