Therfield pub burger contest champion crowned
- Credit: Archant
The landlord of the Fox & Duck pub in Therfield has presented the winner of their first foxy burger eating contest with his prize.
The landlord of the Fox & Duck in Therfield has presented the winner of their first foxy burger eating contest with his prize.
The tasty event was in aid of Meldreth mum-of-two Lysa Kemp and the Rooprai Spinal Trust. Lysa is fundraising for life-prolonging cancer treatment, while Marrianne Rooprai and Andy Uttridge of RST, are raising money and awareness for those suffering from spinal injuries.
The winner was Steff Cimino, who completed the 4lb burger challenge in 31 minutes and 45 seconds. Only three people out of 26 finished the burger in under an hour.
Landlord Ivan told the Crow: “This was the first year the Fox and Duck hosted this event. It was an amazing success, £1,040 was raised for two great causes and lots of fun for everyone watching the contestants tackle the burger. I am looking forward to next years contest already!”
You may also want to watch:
Steff, of AB Fruits, received a £100 Fox and Duck voucher for his efforts.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre