Therfield pub burger contest champion crowned
- Credit: Archant
The landlord of the Fox & Duck pub in Therfield has presented the winner of their first foxy burger eating contest with his prize.
The landlord of the Fox & Duck in Therfield has presented the winner of their first foxy burger eating contest with his prize.
The tasty event was in aid of Meldreth mum-of-two Lysa Kemp and the Rooprai Spinal Trust. Lysa is fundraising for life-prolonging cancer treatment, while Marrianne Rooprai and Andy Uttridge of RST, are raising money and awareness for those suffering from spinal injuries.
The winner was Steff Cimino, who completed the 4lb burger challenge in 31 minutes and 45 seconds. Only three people out of 26 finished the burger in under an hour.
Landlord Ivan told the Crow: “This was the first year the Fox and Duck hosted this event. It was an amazing success, £1,040 was raised for two great causes and lots of fun for everyone watching the contestants tackle the burger. I am looking forward to next years contest already!”
You may also want to watch:
Steff, of AB Fruits, received a £100 Fox and Duck voucher for his efforts.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire