Therfield pub burger contest champion crowned
- Credit: Archant
The landlord of the Fox & Duck pub in Therfield has presented the winner of their first foxy burger eating contest with his prize.
The landlord of the Fox & Duck in Therfield has presented the winner of their first foxy burger eating contest with his prize.
The tasty event was in aid of Meldreth mum-of-two Lysa Kemp and the Rooprai Spinal Trust. Lysa is fundraising for life-prolonging cancer treatment, while Marrianne Rooprai and Andy Uttridge of RST, are raising money and awareness for those suffering from spinal injuries.
The winner was Steff Cimino, who completed the 4lb burger challenge in 31 minutes and 45 seconds. Only three people out of 26 finished the burger in under an hour.
Landlord Ivan told the Crow: “This was the first year the Fox and Duck hosted this event. It was an amazing success, £1,040 was raised for two great causes and lots of fun for everyone watching the contestants tackle the burger. I am looking forward to next years contest already!”
You may also want to watch:
Steff, of AB Fruits, received a £100 Fox and Duck voucher for his efforts.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Missing teen found safe and well
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab