Fowlmere’s Batman and Bananaman battle the elements in charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Two Fowlmere hairdressers pounded country lanes in the pouring rain dressed as Batman and Bananaman on Saturday to raise money for baby charity, Bliss.
Sian Treadwell and her boss Amy Johnson-Smith walked from Aquarius Hair Design in Manor Farm to the Rosie Hospital NICU, where they delivered baby blankets and other items knitted by clients.
“We are so very proud of ourselves. We literally got soaked through our superhero costumes and our trainers were full of water.
“We cannot believe the amazing support we have had and the generosity of others.
“Pubs en route were extremely welcoming.
“We hoped to raise £1,000 – our total at the moment is more than £1,500.
“We made it in approximately 3 hours – the NICU department were extremely grateful and they were pleased to see Bananaman and Batman.”
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
To add to the duo’s total, go https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SianAmy.