Fowlmere’s Batman and Bananaman battle the elements in charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Two Fowlmere hairdressers pounded country lanes in the pouring rain dressed as Batman and Bananaman on Saturday to raise money for baby charity, Bliss.
Sian Treadwell and her boss Amy Johnson-Smith walked from Aquarius Hair Design in Manor Farm to the Rosie Hospital NICU, where they delivered baby blankets and other items knitted by clients.
“We are so very proud of ourselves. We literally got soaked through our superhero costumes and our trainers were full of water.
“We cannot believe the amazing support we have had and the generosity of others.
“Pubs en route were extremely welcoming.
“We hoped to raise £1,000 – our total at the moment is more than £1,500.
“We made it in approximately 3 hours – the NICU department were extremely grateful and they were pleased to see Bananaman and Batman.”
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
To add to the duo’s total, go https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SianAmy.