Fowlmere’s Batman and Bananaman battle the elements in charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Two Fowlmere hairdressers pounded country lanes in the pouring rain dressed as Batman and Bananaman on Saturday to raise money for baby charity, Bliss.
Sian Treadwell and her boss Amy Johnson-Smith walked from Aquarius Hair Design in Manor Farm to the Rosie Hospital NICU, where they delivered baby blankets and other items knitted by clients.
“We are so very proud of ourselves. We literally got soaked through our superhero costumes and our trainers were full of water.
“We cannot believe the amazing support we have had and the generosity of others.
“Pubs en route were extremely welcoming.
You may also want to watch:
“We hoped to raise £1,000 – our total at the moment is more than £1,500.
“We made it in approximately 3 hours – the NICU department were extremely grateful and they were pleased to see Bananaman and Batman.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
To add to the duo’s total, go https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SianAmy.