Fowlmere’s Batman and Bananaman battle the elements in charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Two Fowlmere hairdressers pounded country lanes in the pouring rain dressed as Batman and Bananaman on Saturday to raise money for baby charity, Bliss.
Sian Treadwell and her boss Amy Johnson-Smith walked from Aquarius Hair Design in Manor Farm to the Rosie Hospital NICU, where they delivered baby blankets and other items knitted by clients.
“We are so very proud of ourselves. We literally got soaked through our superhero costumes and our trainers were full of water.
“We cannot believe the amazing support we have had and the generosity of others.
“Pubs en route were extremely welcoming.
You may also want to watch:
“We hoped to raise £1,000 – our total at the moment is more than £1,500.
“We made it in approximately 3 hours – the NICU department were extremely grateful and they were pleased to see Bananaman and Batman.”
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 9 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
To add to the duo’s total, go https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SianAmy.