Forum for parents to discuss self-harm in children to take place in Royston
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Parents and carers in Royston and surrounding villages are invited to attend a self-harm discussion forum organised by the Royston Schools Academy Trust.
The evening, led by the North Herts Emotional Support in Schools Service, aims to explore and discuss issues surrounding self-harm and give parents better insight into how to spot the signs, and equip them to be able to provide support for their children.
NESSie lead co-ordinator Rachel Lambie said: “I’m really excited about this grant that enables us to hold forums for parents and carers. They have been asking for information and support for too long and who else is better placed to support young people than their parents?”
The cause was given grant support by North Hertfordshire District Council last December.
An NHDC spokeswoman said: “Parents and carers can find it hard to cope with and understand a child or young person with self-harming behaviours. It may also be difficult to know what to do for the best. This forum aims to raise awareness of the issues and give those people advice and support.”
NESSie is using the forums as a means to support parents and carers in confident approaches to positive physical and mental health, provide training on what to do about it, and how to safeguard young people against it.
The new service will be working with all pre-schools and schools across North Herts.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
The forum takes place on Wednesday, April 19, from 6.30pm to 8.30pm at Greneway Middle School in Garden Walk. All welcome.