Former Tottenham player to hold soccer school
A FORMER Tottenham footballer is giving young players the chance to improve their skills with a summer soccer school.
Tony Galvin, who played 304 times for the North London club in the early 80s, has organised the three-day coaching sessions for early June, and says it will be a good chance for aspiring players to keep busy while school is out.
"I have always been a great believer in getting children some good coaching and giving them the chance to become better players," said the former midfielder, who won 29 caps for the Republic of Ireland.
"Some boys and girls can get a bit bored while their out of school and I know so many kids love playing football, so I thought I’d try and provide them with a way of keeping fit whilst enjoying themselves."
Galvin is a UEFA A License coach - the highest coaching award offered in Europe - and says those that come along can guarantee their ability will be improved.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "There will be organised drills focusing on basic skills such as passing, shooting, tackling and dribbling.
"We will also hold competitions and small sided matches, and although there will be individual awards for some players, everyone will go home with a medal."
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
The soccer schools will run from June 1 to 3, and will be held at The Heath sports centre between 9.30am and 3.30pm. The cost is �60. It is for seven to 13 year olds.
Email email@example.com or call 07554124773 for more details.