Former Tottenham player to hold soccer school
A FORMER Tottenham footballer is giving young players the chance to improve their skills with a summer soccer school.
Tony Galvin, who played 304 times for the North London club in the early 80s, has organised the three-day coaching sessions for early June, and says it will be a good chance for aspiring players to keep busy while school is out.
"I have always been a great believer in getting children some good coaching and giving them the chance to become better players," said the former midfielder, who won 29 caps for the Republic of Ireland.
"Some boys and girls can get a bit bored while their out of school and I know so many kids love playing football, so I thought I’d try and provide them with a way of keeping fit whilst enjoying themselves."
Galvin is a UEFA A License coach - the highest coaching award offered in Europe - and says those that come along can guarantee their ability will be improved.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "There will be organised drills focusing on basic skills such as passing, shooting, tackling and dribbling.
"We will also hold competitions and small sided matches, and although there will be individual awards for some players, everyone will go home with a medal."
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
The soccer schools will run from June 1 to 3, and will be held at The Heath sports centre between 9.30am and 3.30pm. The cost is �60. It is for seven to 13 year olds.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07554124773 for more details.