Former Hollyoaks actor Paul Danan arrested in Royston
A TELEVISION personality was arrested twice in the space of 12 hours in Royston over the weekend.
Reality television’s Paul Danan, who recently moved to the town, was first charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis in Kneesworth Street on the afternoon of September 4.
The former Hollyoaks actor was then charged with possession of cocaine after police were called to Stamford Yard at 3am on Sunday morning after reports of a disturbance.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called by a member of the public who had concerns for the welfare of a man in Kneesworth Street.
“Paul Danan, from Royston, was charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers were also called on September 5 and he was charged with possession of cocaine.”
The spokeswoman conformed that Danan had been bailed to appear before magistrates in Stevenage on September 21.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Danan played Sol Patrick in Hollyoaks from 1997 to 2001, and has since appeared on Celebrity Love Island in 2005 and 2006.