Former Hollyoaks actor Paul Danan arrested in Royston
A TELEVISION personality was arrested twice in the space of 12 hours in Royston over the weekend.
Reality television’s Paul Danan, who recently moved to the town, was first charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis in Kneesworth Street on the afternoon of September 4.
The former Hollyoaks actor was then charged with possession of cocaine after police were called to Stamford Yard at 3am on Sunday morning after reports of a disturbance.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called by a member of the public who had concerns for the welfare of a man in Kneesworth Street.
“Paul Danan, from Royston, was charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis.
“Officers were also called on September 5 and he was charged with possession of cocaine.”
The spokeswoman conformed that Danan had been bailed to appear before magistrates in Stevenage on September 21.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
Danan played Sol Patrick in Hollyoaks from 1997 to 2001, and has since appeared on Celebrity Love Island in 2005 and 2006.