Former Hollyoaks actor Paul Danan arrested in Royston
A TELEVISION personality was arrested twice in the space of 12 hours in Royston over the weekend.
Reality television’s Paul Danan, who recently moved to the town, was first charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis in Kneesworth Street on the afternoon of September 4.
The former Hollyoaks actor was then charged with possession of cocaine after police were called to Stamford Yard at 3am on Sunday morning after reports of a disturbance.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called by a member of the public who had concerns for the welfare of a man in Kneesworth Street.
“Paul Danan, from Royston, was charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers were also called on September 5 and he was charged with possession of cocaine.”
The spokeswoman conformed that Danan had been bailed to appear before magistrates in Stevenage on September 21.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
Danan played Sol Patrick in Hollyoaks from 1997 to 2001, and has since appeared on Celebrity Love Island in 2005 and 2006.