Former Hollyoaks actor Paul Danan arrested in Royston
A TELEVISION personality was arrested twice in the space of 12 hours in Royston over the weekend.
Reality television’s Paul Danan, who recently moved to the town, was first charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis in Kneesworth Street on the afternoon of September 4.
The former Hollyoaks actor was then charged with possession of cocaine after police were called to Stamford Yard at 3am on Sunday morning after reports of a disturbance.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called by a member of the public who had concerns for the welfare of a man in Kneesworth Street.
“Paul Danan, from Royston, was charged with a public order offence and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers were also called on September 5 and he was charged with possession of cocaine.”
The spokeswoman conformed that Danan had been bailed to appear before magistrates in Stevenage on September 21.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 8 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
Danan played Sol Patrick in Hollyoaks from 1997 to 2001, and has since appeared on Celebrity Love Island in 2005 and 2006.