Former charity chief becomes president of Rotary Club of Royston
- Credit: Archant
A former charity chief executive has become the president of the Rotary Club of Royston.
David Williams is the former head of the Willow Foundation, a charity which creates special days for seriously ill young adults.
David succeeds Clarice Wahlich as president, and the vice president for the next year will be Karin Weston.
Speaking at the handover evening in Cambridge, David said the Rotary club had gone from ‘strength to strength.’
He said: “We can say with our involvement in the community and our fundraising for charities, we have been doing a good job.
You may also want to watch:
“That will continue over the coming year when I hope to be making use of all the talents and skills available in the club.”
David became chief executive of the Willow Foundation – his chosen charity for the year – more than 10 years ago after a career in the Royal Air Force.
- 1 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 7 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree