Former charity chief becomes president of Rotary Club of Royston
- Credit: Archant
A former charity chief executive has become the president of the Rotary Club of Royston.
David Williams is the former head of the Willow Foundation, a charity which creates special days for seriously ill young adults.
David succeeds Clarice Wahlich as president, and the vice president for the next year will be Karin Weston.
Speaking at the handover evening in Cambridge, David said the Rotary club had gone from ‘strength to strength.’
He said: “We can say with our involvement in the community and our fundraising for charities, we have been doing a good job.
You may also want to watch:
“That will continue over the coming year when I hope to be making use of all the talents and skills available in the club.”
David became chief executive of the Willow Foundation – his chosen charity for the year – more than 10 years ago after a career in the Royal Air Force.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre