Former charity chief becomes president of Rotary Club of Royston
- Credit: Archant
A former charity chief executive has become the president of the Rotary Club of Royston.
David Williams is the former head of the Willow Foundation, a charity which creates special days for seriously ill young adults.
David succeeds Clarice Wahlich as president, and the vice president for the next year will be Karin Weston.
Speaking at the handover evening in Cambridge, David said the Rotary club had gone from ‘strength to strength.’
He said: “We can say with our involvement in the community and our fundraising for charities, we have been doing a good job.
You may also want to watch:
“That will continue over the coming year when I hope to be making use of all the talents and skills available in the club.”
David became chief executive of the Willow Foundation – his chosen charity for the year – more than 10 years ago after a career in the Royal Air Force.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm