FORECAST: Yellow weather warning issued for Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire as snow expected in Royston and South Cambs today
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire today, with rain expected to turn into snow.
It is the lowest level of warning that the Met Office issues, but heavy snow is likely to fall in the late afternoon and early evening – with icy conditions to follow.
According to the Met Office, rain and then snow is expected in Royston at 5pm and could continue to fall until 8pm.
It looks like a similar story in South Cambs, with snow due in Duxford over the same period.
In Cambridge, snow is most likely between 6pm and 7pm.
Temperatures are expected to stay around freezing overnight, with more snow forecast in Royston and South Cambs between 7am and 8am tomorrow morning.
Motorists are being urged to take extra care when travelling, and to avoid doing so in rush hour if possible.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
If you’re planning to embrace the snow then send us your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us @roystoncrow or tag us on Facebook @RoystonCrowNewspaper.