FORECAST: Yellow weather warning issued for Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire as snow expected in Royston and South Cambs today
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire today, with rain expected to turn into snow.
It is the lowest level of warning that the Met Office issues, but heavy snow is likely to fall in the late afternoon and early evening – with icy conditions to follow.
According to the Met Office, rain and then snow is expected in Royston at 5pm and could continue to fall until 8pm.
It looks like a similar story in South Cambs, with snow due in Duxford over the same period.
In Cambridge, snow is most likely between 6pm and 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are expected to stay around freezing overnight, with more snow forecast in Royston and South Cambs between 7am and 8am tomorrow morning.
Motorists are being urged to take extra care when travelling, and to avoid doing so in rush hour if possible.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
If you’re planning to embrace the snow then send us your pictures to email@example.com, tweet us @roystoncrow or tag us on Facebook @RoystonCrowNewspaper.