FORECAST: Yellow weather warning issued for Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire as snow expected in Royston and South Cambs today
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire today, with rain expected to turn into snow.
It is the lowest level of warning that the Met Office issues, but heavy snow is likely to fall in the late afternoon and early evening – with icy conditions to follow.
According to the Met Office, rain and then snow is expected in Royston at 5pm and could continue to fall until 8pm.
It looks like a similar story in South Cambs, with snow due in Duxford over the same period.
In Cambridge, snow is most likely between 6pm and 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are expected to stay around freezing overnight, with more snow forecast in Royston and South Cambs between 7am and 8am tomorrow morning.
Motorists are being urged to take extra care when travelling, and to avoid doing so in rush hour if possible.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
If you’re planning to embrace the snow then send us your pictures to email@example.com, tweet us @roystoncrow or tag us on Facebook @RoystonCrowNewspaper.