Fore! Mayor’s golf day raises cash for charity
IT may not have gone straight down the middle - but the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, says her charity golf day was a success. The event at Barkway Golf Club on Friday saw 19 teams taking part in aid of the mayor s charities, the Old Barn Day Centre
IT may not have gone straight down the middle - but the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, says her charity golf day was a success.
The event at Barkway Golf Club on Friday saw 19 teams taking part in aid of the mayor's charities, the Old Barn Day Centre in Royston and Meldreth Manor School.
"It was an enjoyable day and it was heart-warming to see a lot of young players taking part," said Cllr Berry.
She began the proceedings by teeing-off, but Cllr Berry admitted that it had been some time since she played golf.
You may also want to watch:
Money was raised for her charities through sponsorship of holes and donations to the event.
At the end of the day Royston's MP Oliver Heald helped draw a raffle, which raised £800.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Cllr Berry added: "The day was a real success.