Fore! Mayor’s golf day raises cash for charity
IT may not have gone straight down the middle - but the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, says her charity golf day was a success. The event at Barkway Golf Club on Friday saw 19 teams taking part in aid of the mayor s charities, the Old Barn Day Centre
IT may not have gone straight down the middle - but the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, says her charity golf day was a success.
The event at Barkway Golf Club on Friday saw 19 teams taking part in aid of the mayor's charities, the Old Barn Day Centre in Royston and Meldreth Manor School.
"It was an enjoyable day and it was heart-warming to see a lot of young players taking part," said Cllr Berry.
She began the proceedings by teeing-off, but Cllr Berry admitted that it had been some time since she played golf.
You may also want to watch:
Money was raised for her charities through sponsorship of holes and donations to the event.
At the end of the day Royston's MP Oliver Heald helped draw a raffle, which raised £800.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Cllr Berry added: "The day was a real success.