Fore! Mayor’s golf day raises cash for charity
IT may not have gone straight down the middle - but the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, says her charity golf day was a success. The event at Barkway Golf Club on Friday saw 19 teams taking part in aid of the mayor s charities, the Old Barn Day Centre
IT may not have gone straight down the middle - but the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, says her charity golf day was a success.
The event at Barkway Golf Club on Friday saw 19 teams taking part in aid of the mayor's charities, the Old Barn Day Centre in Royston and Meldreth Manor School.
"It was an enjoyable day and it was heart-warming to see a lot of young players taking part," said Cllr Berry.
She began the proceedings by teeing-off, but Cllr Berry admitted that it had been some time since she played golf.
You may also want to watch:
Money was raised for her charities through sponsorship of holes and donations to the event.
At the end of the day Royston's MP Oliver Heald helped draw a raffle, which raised £800.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Cllr Berry added: "The day was a real success.