Football team of cats put together to mark FIFA World Cup in Brazil
- Credit: Archant
A feline football team has been put together to mark the start of the World Cup in Brazil.
Wood Green’s Heydon shelter has put together Heydon Football Team, which is comprised of cats from the shelter who are looking for new homes.
The squad includes right-wing midfielder, five-year-old Oreo and striker Shadow.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We have lots of cats with wonderful qualities currently being overlooked at our Heydon centre. We’ve signed them up to a football team in order to get them noticed by passing members of the public.
“We hope their unique skills, paw-eye coordination, agility and dribbling will be spotted by scouts looking for a new pet.”
You may also want to watch:
To scout one of the feline footie players, visit the Heydon Centre or call 0844 248 8181.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation