Football team of cats put together to mark FIFA World Cup in Brazil
- Credit: Archant
A feline football team has been put together to mark the start of the World Cup in Brazil.
Wood Green’s Heydon shelter has put together Heydon Football Team, which is comprised of cats from the shelter who are looking for new homes.
The squad includes right-wing midfielder, five-year-old Oreo and striker Shadow.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We have lots of cats with wonderful qualities currently being overlooked at our Heydon centre. We’ve signed them up to a football team in order to get them noticed by passing members of the public.
“We hope their unique skills, paw-eye coordination, agility and dribbling will be spotted by scouts looking for a new pet.”
You may also want to watch:
To scout one of the feline footie players, visit the Heydon Centre or call 0844 248 8181.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 3 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 4 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county