Football team of cats put together to mark FIFA World Cup in Brazil
- Credit: Archant
A feline football team has been put together to mark the start of the World Cup in Brazil.
Wood Green’s Heydon shelter has put together Heydon Football Team, which is comprised of cats from the shelter who are looking for new homes.
The squad includes right-wing midfielder, five-year-old Oreo and striker Shadow.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We have lots of cats with wonderful qualities currently being overlooked at our Heydon centre. We’ve signed them up to a football team in order to get them noticed by passing members of the public.
“We hope their unique skills, paw-eye coordination, agility and dribbling will be spotted by scouts looking for a new pet.”
To scout one of the feline footie players, visit the Heydon Centre or call 0844 248 8181.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community