Football team of cats put together to mark FIFA World Cup in Brazil
- Credit: Archant
A feline football team has been put together to mark the start of the World Cup in Brazil.
Wood Green’s Heydon shelter has put together Heydon Football Team, which is comprised of cats from the shelter who are looking for new homes.
The squad includes right-wing midfielder, five-year-old Oreo and striker Shadow.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We have lots of cats with wonderful qualities currently being overlooked at our Heydon centre. We’ve signed them up to a football team in order to get them noticed by passing members of the public.
“We hope their unique skills, paw-eye coordination, agility and dribbling will be spotted by scouts looking for a new pet.”
You may also want to watch:
To scout one of the feline footie players, visit the Heydon Centre or call 0844 248 8181.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences