Football team of cats put together to mark FIFA World Cup in Brazil
- Credit: Archant
A feline football team has been put together to mark the start of the World Cup in Brazil.
Wood Green’s Heydon shelter has put together Heydon Football Team, which is comprised of cats from the shelter who are looking for new homes.
The squad includes right-wing midfielder, five-year-old Oreo and striker Shadow.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We have lots of cats with wonderful qualities currently being overlooked at our Heydon centre. We’ve signed them up to a football team in order to get them noticed by passing members of the public.
“We hope their unique skills, paw-eye coordination, agility and dribbling will be spotted by scouts looking for a new pet.”
You may also want to watch:
To scout one of the feline footie players, visit the Heydon Centre or call 0844 248 8181.
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 6 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 PCC funding boost sees defibrillators installed across Herts
- 10 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat