Food shop wants to give local touch
A SPECIALIST food shop owner from Buntingford is on the look out for the perfect apples and pears that have been grown locally. Marion Durose, owner of The English Grocer, wants to stock local food products that can t be found in a supermarket . She said:
A SPECIALIST food shop owner from Buntingford is on the look out for the perfect apples and pears that have been grown locally.
Marion Durose, owner of The English Grocer, wants to stock local food products that can't be found in a supermarket .
She said: "We want to sell locally grown apples and pears because they will taste 10 times better than fruit which has been imported from around the globe."
The shop in the High Street already stocks cakes from a local maker and bread from a nearby baker.
You may also want to watch:
Now Mrs Durose is looking for the best locally-grown fruit.
"There's no doubt it's available - we've seen terrific looking crops on the trees around Buntingford and the surrounding villages."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
- 10 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
For more information e-mail Mrs Durose on email@example.com or call Peter Durose on 07730697160.