Food shop wants to give local touch
A SPECIALIST food shop owner from Buntingford is on the look out for the perfect apples and pears that have been grown locally. Marion Durose, owner of The English Grocer, wants to stock local food products that can t be found in a supermarket . She said:
A SPECIALIST food shop owner from Buntingford is on the look out for the perfect apples and pears that have been grown locally.
Marion Durose, owner of The English Grocer, wants to stock local food products that can't be found in a supermarket .
She said: "We want to sell locally grown apples and pears because they will taste 10 times better than fruit which has been imported from around the globe."
The shop in the High Street already stocks cakes from a local maker and bread from a nearby baker.
You may also want to watch:
Now Mrs Durose is looking for the best locally-grown fruit.
"There's no doubt it's available - we've seen terrific looking crops on the trees around Buntingford and the surrounding villages."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
For more information e-mail Mrs Durose on email@example.com or call Peter Durose on 07730697160.