Food shop wants to give local touch
A SPECIALIST food shop owner from Buntingford is on the look out for the perfect apples and pears that have been grown locally. Marion Durose, owner of The English Grocer, wants to stock local food products that can t be found in a supermarket . She said:
A SPECIALIST food shop owner from Buntingford is on the look out for the perfect apples and pears that have been grown locally.
Marion Durose, owner of The English Grocer, wants to stock local food products that can't be found in a supermarket .
She said: "We want to sell locally grown apples and pears because they will taste 10 times better than fruit which has been imported from around the globe."
The shop in the High Street already stocks cakes from a local maker and bread from a nearby baker.
Now Mrs Durose is looking for the best locally-grown fruit.
"There's no doubt it's available - we've seen terrific looking crops on the trees around Buntingford and the surrounding villages."
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 7 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 10 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
For more information e-mail Mrs Durose on email@example.com or call Peter Durose on 07730697160.