Food, glorious food, as inspector gives out quality award
FISH N CHICK N has been recognised as the plaice to get fish and chips in Royston. The shop, in Kneesworth Street, has been given the Seafish Quality Award by seafood industry watchdog Seafish. The standard has been achieved by just 4 per cent of fish
FISH 'N' CHICK'N has been recognised as the plaice to get fish and chips in Royston.
The shop, in Kneesworth Street, has been given the Seafish Quality Award by seafood industry watchdog Seafish.
The standard has been achieved by just 4 per cent of fish and chip shops in the UK.
Shop manager James Glosby said: "We had a surprise visit from Adrian Barrett, one of the Seafish inspectors, and I must admit I was a little startled to see him.
"He went through everything with a fine tooth comb, looking at where we sourced our cod and the quality of our customer service."
The inspectors praised the quality of Fish 'n' Chick'n's fish, which is sourced from Iceland and comes from sustainable fishing grounds.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
They were also impressed by the cleanliness of the shop.
Mr Glosby said: "To be recognised by the industry for our levels of customer service and the quality of our raw products really means something to me and my team and makes all the hard work worthwhile.