Food, glorious food, as inspector gives out quality award
FISH N CHICK N has been recognised as the plaice to get fish and chips in Royston. The shop, in Kneesworth Street, has been given the Seafish Quality Award by seafood industry watchdog Seafish. The standard has been achieved by just 4 per cent of fish
FISH 'N' CHICK'N has been recognised as the plaice to get fish and chips in Royston.
The shop, in Kneesworth Street, has been given the Seafish Quality Award by seafood industry watchdog Seafish.
The standard has been achieved by just 4 per cent of fish and chip shops in the UK.
Shop manager James Glosby said: "We had a surprise visit from Adrian Barrett, one of the Seafish inspectors, and I must admit I was a little startled to see him.
You may also want to watch:
"He went through everything with a fine tooth comb, looking at where we sourced our cod and the quality of our customer service."
The inspectors praised the quality of Fish 'n' Chick'n's fish, which is sourced from Iceland and comes from sustainable fishing grounds.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
They were also impressed by the cleanliness of the shop.
Mr Glosby said: "To be recognised by the industry for our levels of customer service and the quality of our raw products really means something to me and my team and makes all the hard work worthwhile.