Flying the flag for vital air ambulance service in Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
More than £2,000 was raised when the East Anglian Air Ambulance service held a lifesavers day in Meldreth last weekend.
Guests got the chance to meet the fundraising team, find out about the work of the medical crew and get up close to the Anglia Two helicopter at the event held at Eternit Sports and Social Club.
There were plenty of activities to get stuck into, including tombolas, face painting, beat the goalie and a raffle which was supported by local businesses.
Tea and cake was also enjoyed in celebration of EAAA’s Tea @15.00 anniversary campaign.
There was even a petanque tournament, hosted by Eternit Sports and Social Club, bringing a little taste of France to the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising officer Meg Davies said: “‘All in all, it was a fantastic day and we raised lots of money. Thank you to all who came along and supported us.”
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation