Flooding: Water company promises MP to carry out 'preventative' work
ANGLIAN Water has promised to carry out preventative maintenance after recent flooding in Royston. The promise came after Royston s MP Oliver Heald raised concerns from residents after flooding in Jeffrey Close, Royston, last month. Mr Heald said: Ang
ANGLIAN Water has promised to carry out "preventative maintenance" after recent flooding in Royston.
The promise came after Royston's MP Oliver Heald raised concerns from residents after flooding in Jeffrey Close, Royston, last month.
Mr Heald said: "Anglian Water will carry out "preventative maintenance" on this length of sewer in the future.
The water company has also asked a representative from its fats, oil and grease project to liaise with local environmental health officers.
You may also want to watch:
This is to ensure that businesses do not discharge fats, oil and grease into the sewer irresponsibly.
Mr Heald said, "Not before time Anglian Water is now taking steps to ensure that the risks of flooding are reduced.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
"I have been shocked that these floods have occurred and hope that these additional measures will avoid the misery for householders of further flooding incidents.
"I will continue to press for compensation for residents who have lost out due to flooding," he said.