Flooding: Water company promises MP to carry out 'preventative' work
ANGLIAN Water has promised to carry out preventative maintenance after recent flooding in Royston. The promise came after Royston s MP Oliver Heald raised concerns from residents after flooding in Jeffrey Close, Royston, last month. Mr Heald said: Ang
ANGLIAN Water has promised to carry out "preventative maintenance" after recent flooding in Royston.
The promise came after Royston's MP Oliver Heald raised concerns from residents after flooding in Jeffrey Close, Royston, last month.
Mr Heald said: "Anglian Water will carry out "preventative maintenance" on this length of sewer in the future.
The water company has also asked a representative from its fats, oil and grease project to liaise with local environmental health officers.
You may also want to watch:
This is to ensure that businesses do not discharge fats, oil and grease into the sewer irresponsibly.
Mr Heald said, "Not before time Anglian Water is now taking steps to ensure that the risks of flooding are reduced.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
"I have been shocked that these floods have occurred and hope that these additional measures will avoid the misery for householders of further flooding incidents.
"I will continue to press for compensation for residents who have lost out due to flooding," he said.