Flooding causing closure of several roads in Cambridgeshire on Monday
Flooding on many roads is causing problems in several areas for motorists in Cambridgeshire this morning after yesterday s heavy rain. The A1123 in Cambridgeshire is closed in the High Street, Earith, due to flooding between Bridge End and the B1050 Shelf
Flooding on many roads is causing problems in several areas for motorists in Cambridgeshire this morning after yesterday's heavy rain.
The A1123 in Cambridgeshire is closed in the High Street, Earith, due to flooding between Bridge End and the B1050 Shelford Road.
Other roads closed due to flooding in the county are on the B1040 at Whittlesey at North Bank and in Station Lane, Offord Cluny both ways between the High Street and Mill Road;
Motorists are faced delays on the A1 (M) around Stevenage this morning with very slow traffic southbound between junction 8 at Coreys Mill and junction 7.
You may also want to watch:
There were queues on the A602 Broadhall Way leading on to the A1 (M).
Further south motorists faced delays between junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
Coopers Green Lane, St Albans, is currently blocked both ways by an accident between Sandpit Lane and Hammond Lane.
Slow traffic and delays were also reported on the A10 in Cheshunt southbound between the A1170 Great Cambridge and the A121 Winston Churchill Way and on the A1 Barnet Way Barnet By-Pass southbound between Stirling Corner and the Watford By-Pass.
The normal problems are facing motorists on the M25 with delays around the roadworks and 50mph speed restriction area between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 with Chorley Wood and two lanes are closed clockwise between junction 27 with the M11 and junction 28 with the Brook Street roundabout because of an accident.
On the M1 expect delays between junction 10 with the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick.