Flooding causing closure of several roads in Cambridgeshire on Monday
Flooding on many roads is causing problems in several areas for motorists in Cambridgeshire this morning after yesterday s heavy rain. The A1123 in Cambridgeshire is closed in the High Street, Earith, due to flooding between Bridge End and the B1050 Shelf
Flooding on many roads is causing problems in several areas for motorists in Cambridgeshire this morning after yesterday's heavy rain.
The A1123 in Cambridgeshire is closed in the High Street, Earith, due to flooding between Bridge End and the B1050 Shelford Road.
Other roads closed due to flooding in the county are on the B1040 at Whittlesey at North Bank and in Station Lane, Offord Cluny both ways between the High Street and Mill Road;
Motorists are faced delays on the A1 (M) around Stevenage this morning with very slow traffic southbound between junction 8 at Coreys Mill and junction 7.
There were queues on the A602 Broadhall Way leading on to the A1 (M).
Further south motorists faced delays between junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel.
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 9 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
Coopers Green Lane, St Albans, is currently blocked both ways by an accident between Sandpit Lane and Hammond Lane.
Slow traffic and delays were also reported on the A10 in Cheshunt southbound between the A1170 Great Cambridge and the A121 Winston Churchill Way and on the A1 Barnet Way Barnet By-Pass southbound between Stirling Corner and the Watford By-Pass.
The normal problems are facing motorists on the M25 with delays around the roadworks and 50mph speed restriction area between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 with Chorley Wood and two lanes are closed clockwise between junction 27 with the M11 and junction 28 with the Brook Street roundabout because of an accident.
On the M1 expect delays between junction 10 with the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick.