Flog It! star to auction off treat for two at Great British Bake Off star’s house for Heydon charity
- Credit: BBC/Love Productions/Amanda Sear
A Flog It! star auctioning off a treat for two at a Great British Bake Off finalist’s house isn’t your average fundraiser, but that’s what will be happening to raise money for Wood Green’s Heydon Centre on Saturday.
After Ian Cumming, right, the runner up in last year’s Bake Off series, rehomed guinea pic Babooshka as a companion for family pet Buttercup through the animal charity he decided to offer his support for the auction at Pembroke College, Cambridge.
Ian’s unique baking experience is just one of more than 50 items set to go under the hammer.
Other lots include an artisan food tour of Cambridge, tickets to see the Lion King in the West End, a flying lesson, behind the scenes with the Hedgehog Hospital, a tour of the Newmarket Equine Hospital, a satchel donated by the Cambridge Satchel Company, a private tour of Ely Cathedral, and a four night luxury break in Suffolk.
Wood Green’s Heydon centre team hopes to smash their fundraising target of £10,000 thanks to the support of special guest auctioneer, David Palmer – best-known for his jazzy waistcoats and appearances on television shows such as Flog it!, Bargain Hunt and Cash In The Attic.
You may also want to watch:
Every penny raised will go towards the Cassie Appeal, to deliver two major projects at the charity’s Heydon Centre, upgrading the surgery and creating new cat exercise areas for the hundreds of animals they care for each year.
Heydon centre manager Monika Maintz said: “The team work to incredibly high standards but our facilities are in desperate need of updating.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
“With the support of the public, we can make essential improvements and provide exceptional care for these animals in need.”
To find out more, call a member of the team on 0300 303 9333 or visit www.woodgreen.org.uk.